Xenon headlights

Tankaction

In a word, No.

The xenon HIDs run on 85 volts rather than 12volts using a ballast and high voltage starter and also have a completely different fitting. They also use a projector and reflector system to project the light, whereas halogen bulbs use just reflectors.

If it's the cost you're worried about Xenon bulbs can be found much cheaper than the dealer prices and you can fit them yourself quite easily :thumbs:

It's not the bulbs, I have got some European headlights and my mechanic checked them and said they are halogen, h1,h7?

He did say that some Japanese cars were able to do a straight swap xenon for halogen light units as they had the same wiring loom but wasn't sure about mine and said to check with the forum first instead of him taking my lights out to get the same answer

I'm changing the entire headlight unit to European headlights and the ones I ordered turned out to be halogen, marked with H1/H7

They guy who's fitting them said to check before returning them as some jap cars can take both as they have the same wiring loom. He said to ask on here to see if anyone knows if this is the case with Zeds?

I beleive the Halogen headlights have a 6 pin pin plug whilst xenons have an 8 pin plug, at least they do in America.

There is a guide of how to wire up a 6 pin plug to fit on the xenon headlights, as quite a few people across the pond wanted to upgrade their halogens to xenons.

I have read the thread on the 6 to 8 pin conversion, and as I have a JDM am I right in saying that my xenons run off a 6 pin connection due to not having a Self levelling motor to power.

Or am I completely off track?

For some reason I can't view the photos in the previous mention thread which proves very difficult to follow

if you they'll me how to delete them il get rid of the unwanted ones

You should have a red-cross at the end of each post, alternatively you can edit each post, let me know if you don't have that please. :thumbs:

Unfortunately we have a little gremlin in the system where some who joined at a certain time are needing posts cleared before you see actually them - I'll see if Admin can rectify your case.

I have read the thread on the 6 to 8 pin conversion, and as I have a JDM am I right in saying that my xenons run off a 6 pin connection due to not having a Self levelling motor to power.

Or am I completely off track?

For some reason I can't view the photos in the previous mention thread which proves very difficult to follow

Correct, if you have 6 pins then you will not have the headlight self levelling :thumbs:

Alex :)

I have not heard of any way to configure the headlights differently??

I have trawled the net and have come to the conclusion that the new headlights I have bought are xenon but without the ballast. Dispite it being marked with H1 there is no way of powering a halogen bulb. They have 8 pin connections indicating the presence of a self levelling motor.

As I have a JDM I suspect when I get the old headlights out I will be faced with a 6 pin plug coming from my car which isn't a massive drama as there is a work around as previously discussed, however I feel that the easiest work around would be to swap my 6 pins for 8 pins leaving the 2 for the self levelling motor disabled.

My question after all that is does anyone know where I could get 8 pin sockets from? :wacko:

if you they'll me how to delete them il get rid of the unwanted ones

You should have a red-cross at the end of each post, alternatively you can edit each post, let me know if you don't have that please. :thumbs:

Unfortunately we have a little gremlin in the system where some who joined at a certain time are needing posts cleared before you see actually them - I'll see if Admin can rectify your case.

members cant delete there posts colin