Removing plenum spacer?

ben p

I'm dropping my car off to have all my motordyne perfomance parts removed on Thursday, Decats, Y piece etc, which I'll soon be posting in the for sale section. My question is, are the bolts that come with the plenum spacer longer then usual to accommodate the spacer? I'll obviously need bolts to put the car back together but also need to supply the correct parts when I sell the items?

Yes the bolts used for the spacer are longer.

You'll need to source replacements, e.g. if the garage retained the oem bolts like mine did, then you'll have to source some.

I believe the difference is 10mm let me check :thumbs:

Don't quote me but I'm sure the longer strut bolts fit even being slightly longer. The depth should be ok but best to test. In fact I'm dead sure as I ran my strut without the washer things for a while.

Don't quote me but I'm sure the longer strut bolts fit even being slightly longer. The depth should be ok but best to test. In fact I'm dead sure as I ran my strut without the washer things for a while.

They don`t as I tried removing the washers on mine last week after installing the cosworth plenum :bang: Now I need to find the originals that I put in the safe place so that I didn`t lose them 4 1/2 years ago :surrender:

They don`t as I tried removing the washers on mine last week after installing the cosworth plenum :bang: Now I need to find the originals that I put in the safe place so that I didn`t lose them 4 1/2 years ago :surrender:

Original strut brace bolts in stock if required Darren :thumbs:

Alex :)

my engineer was looking at my plenum spacer and isnt sure it will fit as the anti roll bar has a tiny space between it and the plenum chamber. The bar has two slight kinks, they look equal and i thought it was part of the design, does this sound right?

The spacer kit should come with washers and longer bolts for the cross strut brace that will allow it to fit over the plenum after the spacer is fitted :thumbs:

ARB is on the bottom doubt that will be in the way ;)