Seat weight?

taffyjason

hmmm, seems odd that you can't get anything much lighter than that. I remember wondering how the hell they managed to make them so damn heavy in the first place when I was taking them out. I suppose it depends on how much adjustability/comfort you're willing to sacrifice, and how much carbon fibre you're willing to pay for.

DB

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surely there is no point in buying a Z and making it a little bit lighter, I can understand going all the way for competition use but other than that will you really notice a difference? Aftermarket seats can be very nice and comfy but I wouldn't buy them for weight saving.

Interesting topic.

I always hear the Z as being described as heavy, where as Rx7's where i have just come from as lightweight!

Without getting into what a zed weighs, i have read early Z's weigh 1450 - 1500 kg, rx7's 1250-1300kg. Loose 100 kilos out of a 350z and imho, 1350kg ish is a pretty light car. By all accounts loosing that isnt that hard, seats, spare wheel etc

Pretty sure you would notice 100 kgs or more.