Spammed...by myself!

taffyjason

Get some decent software on your computer like Norton Internet Security!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nope.

Norton is better than it used to be, but it's still right at the bottom of the (nut)sack. You don't really need a virus checker on your computer as long as you're sensible, a firewall is enough.

No, I don't run without a virus checker because I don't trust myself to be sensible all the time ;)

Norton is better than it used to be, but it's still right at the bottom of the (nut)sack. You don't really need a virus checker on your computer as long as you're sensible, a firewall is enough.

No, I don't run without a virus checker because I don't trust myself to be sensible all the time ;)

I don't run a virus checker. :stir:

I like Avast :blush:

It's unobtrusive and doesn't use much memory, and it's free.

I agree.

as far as firewalls go they are only as good as the person configuring them, most end users wouldnt understand what they are being asked. If someone wants to get into your system they will do, it's all about protecting your at rest data and trying to ensure anything you do access online is secure.

I dont tend to access anything on my computers and always use a credit card for online purchases.

I expect to be compromised at somepoint.

Get some decent software on your computer like Norton Internet Security!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nope.

http://internet-security-suites.no1reviews.com/

I do agree with you though, aslong as you are careful they aren't really needed anymore :)

Just seen this. I was having the same problem a few months ago with my virgin media account (based on gmail). I did all the virus scans etc and it wasnt a local problem.

After quite a lot of googling people were saying that if you tend to use the same username/password combo in many sites, various bots will capture those from weak sites and try them on the common sites (emails, ebay, paypal etc etc). Simply changing my email password to be something unique stopped the problem for me.