importing from usa

stuey

has anyone bought wheels from usa and imported them to this country......... im investigating the ins and outs costs ect before i buy my wheels :)

The problem is the import duty. You know the cost of the wheels and shipping. You need to get the supplier to value the wheels much less than they actually are so as to lower your import duty. For example my nismo was $950 + $400 shipping this equated to £699. On arrival in the uk i was informed how much duty i would have to pay. I was very happy ;)

has anyone bought wheels from usa and imported them to this country......... im investigating the ins and outs costs ect before i buy my wheels :)

The problem is the import duty. You know the cost of the wheels and shipping. You need to get the supplier to value the wheels much less than they actually are so as to lower your import duty. For example my nismo was $950 + $400 shipping this equated to £699. On arrival in the uk i was informed how much duty i would have to pay. I was very happy ;)

Only problem with this is though, is that if anything happens to the wheels your insurance will only cover for the price stated not actual price cost as this will be on the logistics documents and certificate, so its a risk. :headhurt:

I got some Axis Hiro's from states. Paid $1169 for 19in alloys. Got dealer to value at $600 on invoice so paid £80 customs and VAT. Also got them shipped to my mate who's VAT registered :thumbs:

Probably not what you want to post on an open forum. :)

so if you were to pay $1000 for wheels and shipping how much is the duty wen they arrive in this country..... :blush:

You have pm. :thumbs:

Beavis - hoping to import nismo aero kit parts from the US - please can you pm me too with your experiences? ;)

You have pm. :thumbs:

Sure we had a guide or lots of info somewhere, but its been that long that I've been MIA that I can't remember where the hell it was!

Val, can you remember. I'm sure we went through all this when I was looking at wheels amongst other people...... :blush: