I've got that need for speed

jinxy

There's a thread on here by me which goes into a lot of detail about it (search for '911 content'), but suffice to say it's my dream car and it's as perfect a sports coupe as I could want. Flicks between GT cruiser and ballistic B-road blatter with a flick of a switch, with genuine character and every day usability. Love it. :D

There's a thread on here by me which goes into a lot of detail about it (search for '911 content'), but suffice to say it's my dream car and it's as perfect a sports coupe as I could want. Flicks between GT cruiser and ballistic B-road blatter with a flick of a switch, with genuine character and every day usability. Love it. :D

Sounds great, glad you love it! Did you contemplate the turbo?

Just depends how they're setup, like any car. WRX cars are a little less sharp on the turn-in than the STi cars though, I'll give you that much.

I know, Ive just driven enough to feel like I can make that claim. If someone was to ask Id say the weight distribution on the scoob is 60/40, where its closer to 50/50 in an Evo and exactly 50/50 in a Grale, and power 60/40 Scoob, 40/60 Evo and christ only knows in a Grale :D

Gen2 tubby was out of my price range sadly, and the gen1 has the awful PCM2 sat nav thing (well, there's a few late gen1 tubbies with PCM3, but they're rare) which I didn't want. In all honesty as it's my first 911 I wanted a pretty basic one, 2WD narrow body S ticked every box but I wanted the PDK for something different.

If I was buying now I might be tempted by a GT3, but you sacrifice the b-road ability in one of those so I don't know. Would love to have a turbo at some point, maybe a 996 and mod it a bit more.