Dont waste your time with this car!!

skidder

Afternoon,

I've been searching for a Zed since the sad loss of my last one in March.

Its a big debate buying a category D vehicle but there can be some advantages.

I did buy a cat d 200sx back in the day.No problems there, saw the pictures of the superficial front end damage.Served me well for 7 years until the bottom end went.(common issue on the CA18 DET)

Anyway I was figuring if it had been fixed up good and proper and I was planning to keep the car for a few years then a cat d vehicle on a 10 year old motor is not such a big deal.(admittedly to some anyway)

So I spend detailed conversations with the guy, I ask for pics and more pics of everything you can imagine.He sends me copys of all receipts, mot's etc and all seems to tally up.

I did an HPI check and obviously a cat d vehicle, no finance etc.

I should have raised the flag when I asked if the Bose skipped and he replied NO.I said are you sure about that and he states well yes it does but is normally OK after 15 minutes or so LOL.

Anyway I ask so many questions that I decide to make the 4.5 hour trip on a train slightly excited for the drive home.

I get there and immediately look around the whole car quickly.

I then take a closer look.The front bonnet doesn't look in alighnment.So I get a pound coin and it gets stuck halfway.I then look at the light and theres a massive inch gap between both sides.(compared to the other side)And the light was all misty and I could hardly see the xenon inside.Then I look at the rear and the unit above the taillight was hanging out an inch or so.The pics he'd sent me had cleverly just missed out these angles.There were other issues but you get the idea.

I offered him £5000 and not a penny more.(What was I thinking!!)He declined after a couple of mins debating.

I said next time you try and sell this car tell the potential owner BEFORE they travel about this shoddy job of this so-called repair.

So I had to walk back to the train station and stopped off in the pub mulling over my wasted journey.

But I just said at least I didn't buy a bloody lemon!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Sorry for the long post but felt I had to rant!! :rant:

Cheers,

Chris

Quote "Excelent condition must seen, first view will buy. Must call for viewing/test drive. Been a great car but house purchase forces sale,"

Or Not :blush:

Sorry to hear you had a wasted journey better luck next time :thumbs:

unfortunately some people are just plainly dishonest :angry: , hope you have better luck with your next find :console: .

I really don't know how people live with themselves attempting to rip people off(or bend the truth literally lol.)

I really couldn't sell a car that I knew was a total mess and live with myself.

karma I guess...

What comes around goes around. :boxing: