Uprev'd or not?

B3n5253

someone correct me if im wrong but if uprev`d it will not be restricted in first and second and if not you can tell in mine its holding back :dummy:

I guess this is easy to tell if you have the option to drive two zeds - one with and one without the restriction. When you don't know any better, it's hard to judge although I couldn't ask for more response in the first two gears.

I am now strongly suspecting that mine was uprevved by the previous owner as I hit 156mph on the autobahn while still accelerating fairly quickly before I had to slow down for traffic. Speedo was showing 170-175. :)

Bear in mind that speedos get pretty inaccurate at those speeds, and I'd be surprised if a Zed could get to 175 anyway. Try it with a GPS and see what happens. Also as already said; pay attention to the throttle response in 1st and 2nd, does it feel spongy or elastic? if yes then you're probably not upreved.

DB

Que daft question!

When they perform an Uprev, do they just configure the existing ECU or is a piggy back unit required?

:blush:

UpRev is a true re-map rather than a 'chip' tune. Basically it re-writes the base map that the stock ECU has rather than buggering about with the input/output signals like most piggybacks do, so there is no visual evidence of an UpRev remap. (waits for Mark to shoot me down in flames)

DB

I am now strongly suspecting that mine was uprevved by the previous owner as I hit 156mph on the autobahn while still accelerating fairly quickly before I had to slow down for traffic. Speedo was showing 170-175. :)

Bear in mind that speedos get pretty inaccurate at those speeds, and I'd be surprised if a Zed could get to 175 anyway. Try it with a GPS and see what happens. Also as already said; pay attention to the throttle response in 1st and 2nd, does it feel spongy or elastic? if yes then you're probably not upreved.

DB

Hence why I said I hit 156mph and was still gaining. The 156 was gps-based.

what model 350Z do you have? maybe it has multi maps? easy to tell if it has been Uprev'ed then

I've got a UK 2004 DE. That of any help? (+ You've driven mine to/from Heathrow a year ago)

Bumf

DB

Hence why I said I hit 156mph and was still gaining. The 156 was gps-based.

Apologies, didn't read properly :blush:

DB

313 car can have mult-imaps and the cruise control will work like normal;

Hold down the toggle switch ( accelerate/slow switch) right hand of steering wheel , while holding this down press the cancel switch say 3 times , if the car has been Uprev'ed the SET light the cruise will flash 3 times, When you Uprev a late car you can have 5 different maps.

Thanks for the reply mark. I'll give it a try. If it hasn't been done I'm very interested in having it upreve'd. I like the sound of having 5 different maps and keeping the cruse control!

What do the different maps consist off?