Warranty Work

MITZ@CougarStore

Quick question for you all, what Warranty work has your 350z had?

My first claim, which is still pending is the clicking rear axels, my local dealer is waiting for the Warranty assessor to give them the go ahead with the work.

Been without my Z since Monday, they’ve given me their X-Trail demonstrator to use.

:)

boot struts replaced, squeaky seat sorted, rear axle click sorted, new gearbox.

don't think I had anything else.

PS today i have a Navara as Courtesy car B):teeth: that thing is HUGE!

I got offered the Pathfinder but I had to decline as I don’t think it would fit on my drive… :)

I had my clicking rear axles sorted.

The car went into Platinum Nissan in Box for half a day, they found that there was a problem, gave me the car back by lunch time and arranged a convienient time for them to have the car back to do the work.

As it turns out the work was actually done after the warrenty had expired, but because the problem was found before, the work was carried out for free. :thumbs:

A good result from a nissan garage.

i've had bose replaced, boot struts replaced and new gear knob under warranty.

re: clicking axles...

i've noticed a clicking on mine recently, but sounds like it's coming from the front axle around the wheels. and it's only noticeable when turning close to full-lock and when I first set off.

...does this sound familiar to anyone?

i've noticed a clicking on mine recently, but sounds like it's coming from the front axle around the wheels. and it's only noticeable when turning close to full-lock and when I first set off.

Clicking axles: Still hear a 1 tic every once in a while, but could be something else.

Bose stereo: This new unit (not refurbished) is even worse than the old one. This one cuts out both sides/skips etc.

Driver seat lower part, premature leather wear

Driver seat back part, premature leather wear (going in tomorrow)

Boot struts (going in tomorrow)

Cetainly does sound familiar mate (not from the Z tho) thats the first sign of CV joint wear - get her into the dealer quick sharp. It won't fix itself and ultimately will go, leaving you with no drive (and a big embarrassment outside a packed pub on a summer night if its anything like mine!!)

Cetainly does sound familiar mate (not from the Z tho) thats the first sign of CV joint wear - get her into the dealer quick sharp. It won't fix itself and ultimately will go, leaving you with no drive (and a big embarrassment outside a packed pub on a summer night if its anything like mine!!)

thanks for the advice Andy. forgive my ignorance - what is a CV joint?!! sounds pretty serious - got me worried now. only problem is, it's difficult to demonstrate to dealer as it only happens sometimes and only for the first couple of turns. the sound is more like a 'badum, badum, badum' than a clicking noise. :scare:

thanks for the advice Andy. forgive my ignorance - what is a CV joint?!! sounds pretty serious - got me worried now. only problem is, it's difficult to demonstrate to dealer as it only happens sometimes and only for the first couple of turns. the sound is more like a 'badum, badum, badum' than a clicking noise. :scare:

Decent explanation here mate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CV_joint

also gives you a bit on the noises they're likely to make, probably worth a read to see if that sounds like your noise :thumbs:

Decent explanation here mate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CV_joint

also gives you a bit on the noises they're likely to make, probably worth a read to see if that sounds like your noise :thumbs:

great info! thanks again mate. :thumbs:

time for another dealer trip :thumbdown:

Just picked up my passenger side headlamp under warrenty, as mine had overcondensation. They also gave me the xenon bulb to, saved me 800 quid :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Found out the reason why I had over condensation was because the person who fitted bodykit for some reason cut into the seam of the headlamp which of cause caused the condensation. But they still changed it all under warrenty, sweet :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: