OEM tyres brand and size??

ed350Zee

I have just been doing a few seraches to find what the OE tyres would have been on my car when it rolled off the production line...does anyone know with 100% certainty??

According to Evo magazines buyers guide 350Z's were shod with Bridgestone S02 tyres in 225/45/18 FR 245/45/18 RR.

I currently have Bridgestone RE050A tyres on front and rear in the above sizes...which i thought were the OE tyres?

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Sizes are correct and I beleive that the OEM Tyre was the Bridgestone RE040... However, these are horrible (Read the reviews on here).

If you're thinking of replacing, then I'd look for something else personally.

Trouble is, those tyre review sites assume that everyone who leaves a review has much of a clue what they're talking about, and also that people will actually slag off something they paid good money for. Which they don't, and they won't.

The 50As are a superb tyre. Did you know that the Ferrari Enzo had them as OEM tyres? I didn't, until yesterday.

Ok thanks guys, i thought the oe specs were bridgestones but wanted to double check.

I will be sticking with 050As as the 40s seem hard to come by...i am of the opinion the designers of the car designed and developed the handling characteristics using a specific tyre compound and i dont want to mess with that.

Ok thanks guys, i thought the oe specs were bridgestones but wanted to double check.

I will be sticking with 050As as the 40s seem hard to come by...i am of the opinion the designers of the car designed and developed the handling characteristics using a specific tyre compound and i dont want to mess with that.

Nothing to do with Bridgestone being a Japanese company that strikes deals with car manufacturers. I'm not saying bridgestones are bad but just because they came standard means very little.

A good while ago there used to be 2 tyre companies in f1. Michelin and bridgestone. Bridgestone where favored by Ferrari even though the Michelin tyres where better. Bridgestone then got the sole rights to be tyre supplier for f1.

Why does Renault recommend elf, Porsche Mobil 1 and so on. Why not fuchs super slipperly titan goalith race s type R oil? Sponsorship and business deals.