zcar is almost here..........

urabus

hi all, newbie here :teeth: pls bear with me.........

finally, car ordered, finance approved.......should be ready for collection early next week B) i can't wait.

a few ideas for the z already....

mud guards, clear reflectors (front bumper), btw, is't a quick job? or does it involve removing the bumper????

a few bling-bling items like nismo gear knob, radiator cap......etc

anti smash and grab film/tint.......crime is a problem here in ZA, and imho, light tint goes really well with gun grey B)B)

and........here in ZA the 350z race in the production car series (class a) vs 330i/147GTA/STi/A4 3.2Q........and Nissan ZA runs a performance driving school at one of the tracks.......how cool is that....... one gets to drive/learn the limits of the z in a controlled enviro. in one of their z's :teeth: i hope the lady get back to me.......so i can book it asap.

i think i've moved on from mods for more power ;) .......been there, done that with the scooby.......i will keep the z oe.......if anything light weight rims/uprated brakes/suspension....etc but most importantly learn to drive a F/R properly :thumbs:

any advise on engine run-in/oil change???????

tks

yeh tks.........i really enjoyed my scooby.....it took me since aug'06....to convince myself to move on and let her go............. :wacko: sold it 2 weeks ago........

got a call from the dealer@ 16h45 today........telling me the z has arrived :teeth: rushed there as fast as i could (well i tried, it's a diesel :D) everything pretty much as expected......except gear knob and hand brake lever......i thought only the seats are burnt orange.

it should be ready mon/tuesday next week.......luckily i'm going away this weekend.

yup burnt orange!!! is the offical name here :teeth:

don't have pics yet but something like this.......just imagine is RHD and with out that piece on the steering wheel.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/IA35/50-3534

Weird! IIRC when I went to get mine, if you specced the Alizan (!) leather you got the wheel and the gearknob but not the handbrake. :wacko: I gave it a miss because I would have just wanted the seats. I got the feeling that the gearknob could get pretty dirty in that colour.

Excited? ;)

Excited? ;)

you have no idea........for the past 2 weeks, i've been drinking more than usual, and visited the strip joint many times.......just to get my mind off the Z :teeth:

i'm going to change the gear knob anyway.......burnt orange hand brake lever, i'm not sure???? i will give it a week or 2............

yup burnt orange!!! is the offical name here :teeth:

don't have pics yet but something like this.......just imagine is RHD and with out that piece on the steering wheel.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/IA35/50-3534

Weird! IIRC when I went to get mine, if you specced the Alizan (!) leather you got the wheel and the gearknob but not the handbrake. :wacko: I gave it a miss because I would have just wanted the seats. I got the feeling that the gearknob could get pretty dirty in that colour.

Excited? ;)

Mine has got the alezan handbrake aswell

• 2 weeks later...

a quick update........

got it for 8 days now.........1500km under the belt 500km more to go :teeth:

the parts (reflectors/mudguards) didnt arrive in time.......when i collected the car......so when i book it in for oil change next week......will get everything done at the same time.

everyone seems to like the z.......even the local traffic cops.........they like it so much, they even took a picture of it........i was a bit disappointed.......for the money i'm going to pay.......the least they can do is to send me colour photo :teeth:

so took the car in this morning............and when i went back to pick her up this afternoon (all excited) only to find out.............

they've ordered the wrong reflectors (old spec), they don't have the new ones in the country........have to wait for 15days to get them from japan.

the mud flaps......wrong colour.........they must now go get it sprayed...... all the parts arrived like 2 weeks ago, and they failed to check it.................

for the oil change.......interestingly 20w50 was used......the service manager reckons it's more suited for our local conditions........i will do some research on the matter and try and get an offical reply fron Nissan ZA.

all is not bad though.......had a good chat with the new receptionist :wub:

so took the car in this morning............and when i went back to pick her up this afternoon (all excited) only to find out.............

they've ordered the wrong reflectors (old spec), they don't have the new ones in the country........have to wait for 15days to get them from japan.

the mud flaps......wrong colour.........they must now go get it sprayed...... all the parts arrived like 2 weeks ago, and they failed to check it.................

for the oil change.......interestingly 20w50 was used......the service manager reckons it's more suited for our local conditions........i will do some research on the matter and try and get an offical reply fron Nissan ZA.

all is not bad though.......had a good chat with the new receptionist :wub:

20w/50 oil is this right, i know you live in a hot country but even in sunny florida they are using 5w/30 :scare: