How to Spend £1350 in a couple of weeks...!

bodeboo

Car had got to that stage of its life where a few things needed replacing, nothing out of the ordinary but decide to take the hit in one go - well over a couple of weeks. Whilst my wallet is somewhat lighter, I am really pleased with how she now feels and sounds, not quite a new car but much smoother and hopefully some trouble/cost free motoring now ahead..!

Thought it was worth breaking these costs down (parts and labour) as it covers quite a few common issues that come from normal wear and tear and may be of interest to some...

ITEM: P2 Service Cost: £159 Where: Chorley Nissan - Wigan

ITEM: MOT Cost: £29 Where: Chorley Nissan - Wigan

Comments: I am on the Wirral but made the trip over following positive comments on here and happy the with service and costs. 12 months RAC cover thrown in too!

ITEM: Full Set of Falken FK452 Parts: £440 (Camskills) Fitting: £50 (Chorley Nissan)

Comments: Had mixed tyres before and rears were due so went for the full matching set

The two fronts (Toyo T1R's) have good life left in them if anyone is interested....

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=63605

ITEM: Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust Parts: £370 (CougarStore :thumbs: ) Fitting: £40 (Local Independent)

Comments: Stock Exhaust started blowing, normal failure between mid and back box) Really liking the Scorpion after struggling to choose between this and the Cobra but happy with choice. Really nice exhaust note, slightly louder than stock but not overbearing.

Have kept the Stock tips if anyone is interested as I know most people like to keep the Stock look if possible...see same post as tyres above...

ITEM: New Iridium Spark Plugs Parts: £55 (ZMANALEX :thumbs:) Fitting: £60 (Chorley Nissan)

Comments: Not an essential but recommended for the car at 54k so through it was worth it. Hopefully will run a bit smoother and maybe even eek out a little bit in mpg

ITEM: Front Drop Links Parts: £32 (Ebay) Fitting: £40 (Local Independent)

Comments: The annoying nocking from the front has now gone! The parts aren't Nissan but again from reading on here, no point paying any extra for this particular part)

ITEM: Rears Pads Parts £40, Fitting £40 from Chorley Nissan at same time as Service/MOT

TOTAL: £1350!!

Dammit, just remembered insurance is due next month... :surrender:

40 quid to fit rear pads .. ouch. Takes about half an hour at most. Could have done it yourself very easily.

At least you know the cash was well spent and your car is now upto scratch :thumbs:

yep, I know I took a hit on the labour costs. FOr the brake pads I didn't really have a choice as the MOT ran out on Monday and so just needed it doing. On the other things..drop links, spark plugs, not being in any way mechanically minded and not having the right equipment I just went for the easy option in the end.... It's only a tank full of petrol after all!!

yep, I know I took a hit on the labour costs. FOr the brake pads I didn't really have a choice as the MOT ran out on Monday and so just needed it doing. On the other things..drop links, spark plugs, not being in any way mechanically minded and not having the right equipment I just went for the easy option in the end.... It's only a tank full of petrol after all!!

But think of the joy yu could of had, now that cash is feeding Dominos to those who did the work for you. :snack:

40 quid to fit rear pads .. ouch. Takes about half an hour at most. Could have done it yourself very easily.

At least you know the cash was well spent and your car is now upto scratch :thumbs:

:lol: This is such fun watching you behave and be diplomatic PMSL

Hey bodeboo - its all money well spent - at least you're not cutting corners and making sure the important stuff is taken care of instead of being blinded by bling bling :thumbs:

I know how to change the pads on my Zed as I have been shown but I would pay £40 for someone to do it for me. Don't get me wrong I love a bargain but I am no expert and if I did something wrong it would cause a LOT more than £40 worth of damage :surrender:

Same reason I paid someone to change my plugs, I could have caused a whole heap of trouble if I did something wrong :bang:

I have though spend thousands of pounds on electrical equipment and taken it apart straight away to find out if I could 'improve' it, everyone is different :thumbs:

Just because you pay someone to change parts on your pride and joy shouldn't be a reason to have a pop, remember what happened when Husky installed his plenum spacer, or Bennett 'helped' change Ian's plugs :headhurt:

I know how to change the pads on my Zed as I have been shown but I would pay £40 for someone to do it for me. Don't get me wrong I love a bargain but I am no expert and if I did something wrong it would cause a LOT more than £40 worth of damage :surrender:

Same reason I paid someone to change my plugs, I could have caused a whole heap of trouble if I did something wrong :bang:

I have though spend thousands of pounds on electrical equipment and taken it apart straight away to find out if I could 'improve' it, everyone is different :thumbs:

Just because you pay someone to change parts on your pride and joy shouldn't be a reason to have a pop, remember what happened when Husky installed his plenum spacer, or Bennett 'helped' change Ian's plugs :headhurt:

thats how I see it too Dave... I know I could save myself a bit on the labour front but I havnt got all the time in the world nor the skills, I hate spending any more money than I need to and will shop around to make sure I get the fitting as cheap as possible. But for the money thats was involved in each case (plus, drop links, pads) the time saved and comfort it gives me knowing the job has been done properly is worth it... each to their own..!

talking of wasting money - I got drunk last night and in a moment of weakness paid £100 for a rugby ball signed by a Sale Sharks - i don't even like rugby!

You could have saved £180 if you had done most of that stuff yourself...... :bangin:

It all depends how you value your time Zugara, I like to get stuck in every now and again doing brakes and stuff, but for the best part I'd rather pay someone else to do it :thumbs: