My rainy day woes got worse!

twobears

My husband has a small pump and a moderate length of hose :lol: but I managed to get hold of the real whopper from a chap in the village. I haven't read that grey book thingy but my writing seems to have taken a turn for the worse so I'll remove myself to the sitting room immediately. Night, night and let's hope that summer starts tomorrow morning!

I know the waters from the Swale, Ure, Nidd, Wharfe, Aire, Derwent, Calder, Don and Ouse pass close by your house Annie .... that's a lot of water ....

hope you survived rainy Friday :)

PS I forgot the Loxley

Hope you survived the night and the whopper performed as expected :)

My husband has a small pump and a moderate length of hose :lol: but I managed to get hold of the real whopper from a chap in the village. I haven't read that grey book thingy but my writing seems to have taken a turn for the worse so I'll remove myself to the sitting room immediately. Night, night and let's hope that summer starts tomorrow morning!

Thanks Graham and Hugh. I'm still here and, more importantly, so is my house :thumbs: The whopper hose performed most satisfactorily and we shifted thousands of gallons of water into the field opposite. It took nearly eight hours :wacko:

Bloody hell!! Glad you are all ok :thumbs:

Thanks Graham and Hugh. I'm still here and, more importantly, so is my house :thumbs: The whopper hose performed most satisfactorily and we shifted thousands of gallons of water into the field opposite. It took nearly eight hours :wacko:

If it makes you feel any better, we had a massive downpour that caused flash flooding around most of the city, storm water drains couldn't cope, many houses and peoples business premises flooded. That was a mere 2 hour downpour. I guess at least it is winter here and it's almost one of the two wettest months of the year. But on the upside, since we've had a massive high and the weather has been divine!!!! Very cold (we're talking Kiwi cold, so not really very cold :lol: ), icy mornings, stunning days. :sun: