Aftermarket stereo, getting full quality out of it

ddcboyle

Oka so. Fund a thread on here About how to get full quality from an aftermarket stereo, i.e. the max volume actually being loud etc, it was someting to do with changing the tips of the connectors.

Ive used the search button but it seems to just cme up with random stuff (probably my inability to type in the right keywords)

Anyone know the link or give advice on this? I have the jvc kw-avx640

• 1 month later...

I've been having a hard time dealing with my stereo since last week. The bass is terrible especially if my volume is high level. love playing loud music in my car. To sum it up, the sound is not good. I'm planning to replace it but I can't afford to buy a useful accessories like the stereo. Fortunately I saw this thread and the link that was posted here. I'll try it on this coming weekend. It might help me because it illustrated each and every details. thanks :thumbs:

As a complete electrical numpty the prospect of fitting a new head unit is scaring the crap out of me :blink:

Ideally I want to get a second hand one that's already been in and working in a zed so its just plug and play - don't think I would trust halfords Saturday boy to do it !

Does the 640 not have the function built in to amplify the signal, I know my 840 does, I don't need it as I have an aftermarket amp but I am sure there is a output option of low / med / high :shrug:

Yes Dave, it does. I think to alter it you have to first select 'av off' then go into the settings. One of the main reasons I opted for JVC

well i tried the link and cut the wires etc. before, my max volume 50 was still quiet with window down, now the most my ears want to handle is 20, so its kept at volume 9-12 when driving. sound quality isnt as good as full bose but that was expected.

im complete retard with electronics but its alot more simple than i thought. well worth doing

As a complete electrical numpty the prospect of fitting a new head unit is scaring the crap out of me :blink:

Ideally I want to get a second hand one that's already been in and working in a zed so its just plug and play - don't think I would trust halfords Saturday boy to do it !

There are several great guides on here that I followed in this post

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=58538

Because its not a simple plug and play I wouldn't have thought halfords would be capable!

I am useless as well, but I managed :thumbs:

well i tried the link and cut the wires etc. before, my max volume 50 was still quiet with window down, now the most my ears want to handle is 20, so its kept at volume 9-12 when driving. sound quality isnt as good as full bose but that was expected.

im complete retard with electronics but its alot more simple than i thought. well worth doing

Glad you got it sorted, to be fair I didn't have my JVC when I was connected to the Bose....

I don't have volume issues as Wasso will confirm after he sat in my car at the Grasshopper :scare:

Glad you got it sorted, to be fair I didn't have my JVC when I was connected to the Bose....

I don't have volume issues as Wasso will confirm after he sat in my car at the Grasshopper :scare:

PARDON!!!

I have the 640 and have had no real issues with sound at all. Took a while sorting out the crossover(i think thats the term) etc to pick which speakers were taking certain frequencies. Sound is pretty good to be honest.