Okay next modification

Zedrush

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is something going on at 8.30pm then why don't we meet at 8pm as a bunch of Zeds and then head over to the other meet as a convoy?

Loads of cars meet up, race there were ferraris and skylines racing eachother in truck world nearby lakeside. Everyone meets although has been less lately cos of police

yep I did - very odd ;)

I don't do the whole wardriving thing though - I have unlimited internet through my phone and use that - so I can't help you with what was going on there!

its pretty cool though as feel like a secret ops, can live out my fantasy lol

• 3 weeks later...

bought an eyetoy camera (thats meant to be for PS2 - but it's USB and you can download hacked drivers for it for PC) on ebay for about 2 quid and have just got it working with my carputer, recording video/audio to disk - the software I am using is called Capture! (search on mp3car.com forum for it) and is designed for carputer use.. I have embedded it in Centrafuse front end (v simple to do this using centrafuse settings interface)..

not sure where I can mount the camera properly (and route the usb cable to it) - atm its just velcrod to the dash for recording our meet tonight!

• 3 months later...

Hi guys - I am embarking on a similar project - a couple of questions:

1/ Cable run - from what I can see, 3 cables need to be run from front dash to rear glove box - audio (to HU) and VGA+USB to Lilliput - audio and usb are reasonable thin cables, but VGA is quite a thick beefy cable - how did you run these?

2/ Lilliput - does it actually fit inside the cubby hole (allowing cubby hole door to close)?

3/ How easy was it to integrate car diagnostics with centrafuge?

I am from down south as well (Maidstone, Kent) - did u guys ever meet up - if not do you want to?

Hi guys - I am embarking on a similar project - a couple of questions:

1/ Cable run - from what I can see, 3 cables need to be run from front dash to rear glove box - audio (to HU) and VGA+USB to Lilliput - audio and usb are reasonable thin cables, but VGA is quite a thick beefy cable - how did you run these?

2/ Lilliput - does it actually fit inside the cubby hole (allowing cubby hole door to close)?

3/ How easy was it to integrate car diagnostics with centrafuge?

I am from down south as well (Maidstone, Kent) - did u guys ever meet up - if not do you want to?

Maidstone is about a 20min drive from where I am if that, can always meet up. I got most my info when I did mine from here:

http://www.macvroom.com/

All in all the whole set up cost way less than actually buying a stock HU.

before you do all of this buy a reliable amp I used Carnetix cost me about 40 quid :thumbs:

Here is one they did in a 350z as well as my one

http://www.macvroom.com/node/56

B)B)B)B)B)

Jeremy (Pingu) and I are due another meet so definatly we should organise something :thumbs:

Cheers - hmmm yours is all mac based - I am going to use a PC laptop for mine - power consumption is much lower and therefore i will never have to boot/shut down etc (unless I dont start the car for about a month! lol) - I will set power save options within the OS to turn off 7"monitor etc etc if not in use for a few minutes. I will disable/or completely remove the laptops own monitor. If I remove it, the laptop will only be 1" thick!

Cheers - hmmm yours is all mac based - I am going to use a PC laptop for mine - power consumption is much lower and therefore i will never have to boot/shut down etc (unless I dont start the car for about a month! lol) - I will set power save options within the OS to turn off 7"monitor etc etc if not in use for a few minutes. I will disable/or completely remove the laptops own monitor. If I remove it, the laptop will only be 1" thick!

Who said power consumption is lower lol, dont believe the hype, hence why Mac automatically goes on sleep mode after one minute of not in use and you have carnetix amp to regulate power uses, once on sleep mode it uses as much power as a flashing led light does on an alarm when you lock your car at night. Then to start up again immediatly just tap the screen and it wakes up within seconds. You never turn it of or have to shut it down, the minute engine starts its on, then when you turn of it goes to sleep and you dont have to worry about draining battery, mine was on for 3 month straight, not sure after than as sold the car but person who bought it said he hasnt turned it off and work excellently, especially the wireless internet connecting to any broardband server insight and the hands free mobile kit for the bluetooth reader :thumbs:

Fair comment - but I have a spare laptop anyway - didn't cost me a penny ;)

Sell the diseased virus currupt whore of a pc laptop then with the money buy an Apple Mac Mini Intel Core Solo 1.5Ghz with 512Mb, 60Gb HD, Built in Bluetooth and Airport extreme for about £225 which I paid for mine:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-Mac-Mini-In ... dZViewItem

Then buy carnetix from http://www.mp3car.com/ for in total with wires about £50,

Then lilliput 7" touchscreen for £75

Then voila you have got one hell of a machine in your car, and possibilities are endless, including duel roaming where you can view what other people are doing on the net in their own household

:teeth: You wont believe what Sarnie gets up to the little pervert :lol: