Help with airbag light.

Shinjuku

My airbag light keeps coming on. I reset the system using the method based on four turns of the ignition key but it keeps coming back.

Are there any known likely culprits to look into when this happens and what are the steps to do that?

Is the four turn method enough to clear any underlying error code or is there another clear method I should try before concluding that something is busted

I have the same issue. I think it's a case of ensuring the relevant plugs under the seats are correctly in place. Something I need to check myself. But in the meantime it just keeps flashing to remind me to get on with that job!

Is there a how too on it at all. Which are the right plugs. Happy to break and remake a connection and spray a bit of switch cleaner in there but would like to be sure the air bags are not going to go off when I do it. Should the battery be disconnected for half an hour and then just get in there under the seats?

Which plugs is it. I assume some will be for the heated / electric seats and some will be airbag?

if none of the above works it could be a broken wire in the loom of the seat. I had this issue. Find the break which was in the back bit of the seat on mine. Simple solder and repair. Easy to get to with the seat cover having a zip at the back :thumbs:

Given how restricted the access was to the plug - got to love zugaras suggestion of moving the seats forward a bit try more like move them all the way forward and place your forehead on the carpet behind the drivers seat the identify the little bugger - I assume your chap took the seat out to do the soldering?

This has worked well for me in case others need to know. Took no more than 10 minutes

Might have to pop down to Zug's house to get him to poke his head under my seat. In the meantime I'll just watch the damn light flash away!! :rant:

I'll probably take the seats out when I next do an interior detail and do it then.

I have a feeling it'll be the passenger side as I have a small plastic case under there for my OBD stuff. Probably knocked the plug or something?

I've got the joy of doing this as well.

The Turning the ignition on / off 4 times worked perfectly...for one drive :(

I'll get me head under that seat to see what I can see. Then a trip to the garage I guess.

But since you all seem to think that this is pretty easy to fix, fingers crossed.

I've also got condensation in the headlight, which I hope to fix really soon if the weather dries up and people I know are up to the task. Frustrating.