GT4

I wrote to him asking a couple of basic questions

my message to him,,

,Hi, can you tell me what number it is on the gt4 list? its on the plaque between the seats,and is it a new steering wheel as the gt4 has all the controls on the wheel, also do you have the original rays alloys the gt4 came with? thank you.

his reply.

thanks for the email

I think you missed the bit in the listing that says the car came from japan.

Only the British GT4's had the stuff you are talking about. The japanese and other European ones didn't. Some differnces are the steering wheel, and the alloys and of course the black and tan seats. fancy a drive?

Garry

Could this be the 35th anniversary version? It ticks all the boxes, it's the right year (2005), colour and as far as I can tell this was the only model that came with the black/tan seats, if so, it would also have the 296 bhp engine as stated in the advert.

Here's another clue, this a photo of the 35th anniversary edition and that also has no rear spoiler. The only difference seems to the aerial.

nissan-a350z-3.jpg

Pete

Could this be the 35th anniversary version? It ticks all the boxes, it's the right year (2005), colour and as far as I can tell this was the only model that came with the black/tan seats, if so, it would also have the 296 bhp engine as stated in the advert.

Here's another clue, this a photo of the 35th anniversary edition and that also has no rear spoiler. The only difference seems to the aerial.

nissan-a350z-3.jpg

Pete

Yep, these came in black and grey too.

The point is though that he is selling it as a GT4, which is/was a UK car. He even mentioned the playstations that came with the cars, which only happened with UK cars.........

nissan-a350z-3.jpg

Pete

were these sold in the uk or are they only imports?

beavis on that link above it says

"The slightly disappointing part is that the 35th Anniversary Z - also known as the GT4 in reference to the car's appearance on the Sony Playstation Gran Turismo game"

"While another 20bhp sounds like a lot, I'd be a liar if I told you that the GT4 (35th Anniversary is such a mouthful) feels gorblimey faster than a regular Zed. In fact, to start with you might even wonder if you've been mugged by a bit of marketing spin and that there really isn't a power increase at all. Give it a few miles, though, and you'll detect the engine's slightly greater eagerness to please, coupled to a sense of improved fitness. You begin to use the revs more than you do in the standard car, and can feel that at the upper end of the mid-range there's more energy available. What you still won't feel too much like doing, however, is revving the rumbly V6 all the way up to that higher redline, as there's no discernible advantage in doing so."

so does that mean the GT4 is the same car as the 35th annivesary?

beavis on that link above it says

"The slightly disappointing part is that the 35th Anniversary Z - also known as the GT4 in reference to the car's appearance on the Sony Playstation Gran Turismo game"

"While another 20bhp sounds like a lot, I'd be a liar if I told you that the GT4 (35th Anniversary is such a mouthful) feels gorblimey faster than a regular Zed. In fact, to start with you might even wonder if you've been mugged by a bit of marketing spin and that there really isn't a power increase at all. Give it a few miles, though, and you'll detect the engine's slightly greater eagerness to please, coupled to a sense of improved fitness. You begin to use the revs more than you do in the standard car, and can feel that at the upper end of the mid-range there's more energy available. What you still won't feel too much like doing, however, is revving the rumbly V6 all the way up to that higher redline, as there's no discernible advantage in doing so."

so does that mean the GT4 is the same car as the 35th annivesary?

No it was two different cars,

The Aniversary model was a uk spec car too,

Noooooooooooooo it wasn't.

GT4 = UK

35th Anniversary = JDM

That was my thinking as well and wasn't it available in America (USDM) as well?

Probably yeah, but definitely only GT4's as UK spec.

The yellow car in the ebay link is a JDM 35th Anniversay that he is trying to pass off as a uk GT4, which it's not.

+1 :thumbs:

Taken from my US brochure :)

DSC_0010-3.jpgDSC_0012-4.jpg

DSC_0013-6.jpgDSC_0014-5.jpg

DSC_0015-5.jpgDSC_0011-4.jpg

GT4 = UK

35th Anniversary = JDM

That was my thinking as well and wasn't it available in America (USDM) as well?

The review I read indicated that it was also available in Australia.

Pete

GT4 = UK

35th Anniversary = JDM

No i think you will find they did bring an anniversary model out here as well. :thumbs:

I'm probably wrong as usual :blush:

They didn't. It was only the GT4 :thumbs: