Advice required on a 350z I'm looking at buying

danhazza

Hi folks, this is my first post and i'm not (yet) a 350z owner but hoping this will change soon. I've always wanted one and would like some expert advice regarding this one I've found near me:

3844384-1.jpg

3844384-3.jpg

3844384-2.jpg

Description:

350z Nismo REDUCED !! £6500 ono (2003)

64,000 miles

i have owned this car for 2 years and has been a great car

i have done alot of work on the car, it has never broken down on me

i have never had it in the garage only for new bodywork

full service history even from japan before it was imported spare key full hpi clear.

. Nismo n2 front bumper

. Scorpion exhuast sounds great !

. induction kit

. resprayed engine bay

. NRG harness bar

. TRS Harnesses

. Xtrons DVD player and sat nav

. ASA alloy wheels worth £2000

. Jap tow Hook

. full tinted windows light smoke on front and limo on the rear

. fully converted from kph to mph

. HID conversion to 8000k bulbs

then all the normal extras air con heated seats etc..... private reg doesnt come with car.

2 Previous Owners

Any tips would be welcome, or things to look out for, cautionary tales etc etc etc

Many thanks! Dan :teeth:

My 2003 was for sale recently for £7k and mine was on 47k and UK spec. So it seems a bit high IMO. Mods dont really add much value as its down to personal taste. If its what you were looking for then you may be quids in and saves you some work - i notice the nissan badge is missing from the front and not smoothed out. Cant say I like the orange and GM scheme myself.

But £6500 for an import on that milage in the current market is keen.

Remember you will have to declare the mods when you insure it and there are quite a lot listed there.

P.S. Any tint on the side windows is probably illegal.If you get pulled by VOSA you may have to have it removed. I was told by VOSA officer its virtually impossible to legally tint side windows.

Thanks for all the replies so far, very helpful. Keep em coming!

I was going to ask about him using 'Nismo' in the title! Is that all it is, the bumper?

What do you guys think is a better price that I should be offering?

Cheers

Looks like a base model import, check to see if it has uprated brakes to the Brembo's because I can see what looks like the brembo coloured caliper, but could have been just painted. Also keep in mind that it looks like this car has been tracked pretty hard going by the 4 point harnesses...

Hmm, seems a bit steep IMO, for an 03 import i'd be thinking around a £5500 mark. See if he'll knock some money off for you if he keeps the horrible wheels, and if it has been tracked you'd want to see evidence of regular oil changes, brake fluid changes, brake pads and tyres...

Even though the bumper and the exhaust would be a bonus for me, i'd probably avoid due to the blatant track use and uncertainty that comes with it.

Being a track car wouldn't put me off. Most people that go to the effort of tracking a car generally take muh more care of the car. My car has oil changes almost monthly during the summer. The engine has never skipped a beat, never been ran on cheap fuel. Evidence of Pads, discs and tyres don't prove anything except theyve been changed. What I'd be looking at now is, tyres on it now, quality of pads and discs that are on it, structural/ chassis damage, signs for radiators being changes etc indicates that it could have been involved in a frontal collision (wouldn't let his put me off unless they deny it or the chassis has damage.) Evidence of regular servicing(ie ask them) oil that's been used for servicing and how often. And most of all.. Drive it and see how it feels.

Looks very clean to have been a track car IMO. Looks more like a showcar (that looks like a track car). Obvious things like lots of small windscreen chips etc would indicate its been on track, roadrash all over wings bonnet and bumper.