new battery?

LiamR

I went to start the car this morning after 5 days away and it would seem the battery has died :-( A quick look at my local Halfords store and I was shocked to find a new one will set me back £95!

Any idea on where to get one from from and roughly how much it will be?

Cheers

Liam

cool thanks I will bear that in mind, I've messaged zmanalex so I will see what he comes up with first.

Just 1 thing though, I've read once a battery gets so low it fails to start that means its time to get a new one- I take it even if I get it started without a new battery then it wont recharge properly?

cool thanks I will bear that in mind, I've messaged zmanalex so I will see what he comes up with first.

Just 1 thing though, I've read once a battery gets so low it fails to start that means its time to get a new one- I take it even if I get it started without a new battery then it wont recharge properly?

When a battery is failing you can recharge it to get you going but it will let you down again,either by not starting the car after it's been left for only a few days as you experienced (as a general rule it should still restart after 3/4 weeks) or failing to restart in the winter after just one cold night...so i suspect you do need a new one.My new battery sorted out the problem,but bear in mind you may have a fault in the charging system, e.g.alternator, and only getting an auto electrician to test everything can identify the problem for sure.

I got one off the shelf from my local motor factor just after Xmas for around £50 incl vat. Top make.

+1... you dont want to be paying any more than £60 max if you can help it.

If you regularly leave your car for long periods at a time then replace it, else just jump start it and it'll keep you sweet for another year or so.