starting to stress me out now 8 x 19

Dano190485

right im sure im starting to annoy you all now but trust me its stressing me out just as much. i need help on the tyre size on my front wheels there 8 x 19, i was going to order 245/35r19 but some of you have suggested 235/35r19. ive used the tyre calculator and the 235 comes in as -1.78% and the 245 comes in as -0.87% so surely the 245 would be better? also i looked on a few web sites that sell my alloys and when i put in my car it says 245/35. but i really dont wanna get the wrong size. look forward to hearing from you asap as im looking to order the tyres tomorrow.

I would say you have three options:

1. 235/35 and 265/35, good ratio front to rear, best match for front wheel, rear tyre will have a bit of stretch.

2. 235/35 and 275/35, no so good ratio but confirmed to work by Neilp, best match for front wheel, best match for rear wheel.

3. 245/35 and 275/35, good ratio front to rear, a little bulbous on the front wheel, best match for rear wheel.

The choice is yours, I would go with option 3 as I don't mind a bit of extra tyre on the front and it's the most common setup but I'm sure others would choose differently. Whichever one you choose I doubt you'll notice much difference visually as the differences are all fairly small really.

Why not see what the prices and availability of the four different sizes are and go from there if you can't decide? :thumbs:

I'd also mention 265/35 seems to be a rare size, I can't see kumho or falken tyres in those sizes on camskill and they've only got stock of 3 types of tyres in that size. I've got some Yokohama V103 advan sport tyres in 265/35 on the rears but they certainly aren't cheap.

I think I'd go with 235 and 275 on neilp's recommendation.

18" combination:

Front 18" x 8.5" , Offset +15 to +25, Tires 245/40/18

Rear 18" x 9.5" , Offset +15 to +25, Tires 275/40/18

(lower offset such as +10 in rear is possible but may require rolling)

Front 18" x 9.5" , Offset +25 to +30, Tires 255/40/18

Rear 18" x 10.5" , Offset +28 to +35, Tires 285/40/18 or 295/35/18

(lower offset such as +23 in the rear is possible but may require rolling)

19" combination:

Front 19" x 8.5" , Offset +15 to +25, Tires 245/35/19

Rear 19" x 9.5" , Offset +15 to +25, Tires 275/35/19

(lower offset such as +10 in rear is possible but may require rolling)

Front 19" x 9.5" , Offset +25 to +30, Tires 255/35/19 or 265/35/19

Rear 19" x 10.5" , Offset +23 to +32, Tires 285/35/19 or 295/35/19

(lower offset such as +23 or wider tires in the rear is possible but may require rolling)

They're really good and mines have settled in nicely. Remember and take it easy for the first while as they come with a protective agent on them which needs to wear off. I went a quick motorway/country road blast for about 40miles and it seemed to take it off nicely.

Great result, really looking forward to seeing some photos of these much discussed wheels once you're up and running with the new tyres. :D

Coincidentally my brother has just bought a set of KU31 as well for his 3-Series based on Neilp's recommendation. :thumbs:

Great result, really looking forward to seeing some photos of these much discussed wheels once you're up and running with the new tyres. :D

Coincidentally my brother has just bought a set of KU31 as well for his 3-Series based on Neilp's recommendation. :thumbs:

T'was the m3 owners that swayed me lol

Thanks a lot for the advice guys. I know I went on a bit but needed it sorted cause the cars been off the road cause I had a little accident and the wheels was one of the problems so just excited to get her back and then I can sort out the rest.

Remember and take it easy for the first while as they come with a protective agent on them which needs to wear off.

Or you can just do a massive burnout. :thumbs:

I have KU31's on my MR2, very communicative and decent grip too :)

Remember and take it easy for the first while as they come with a protective agent on them which needs to wear off.

Or you can just do a massive burnout. :thumbs:

I have KU31's on my MR2, very communicative and decent grip too :)

Yeah they're surprisingly good for the money. I think people noted that in heavier cars with larger sidewalls, ie on 17's with say a 50 profile, they reckon the sidewalls are a little soft but on light cars and smaller sidewalls they're very good.

There isnt many professional reviews around so I researched a little and took the plunge. The done well on track in very warm conditions and didnt fall apart albeit I wasnt pushing very hard. I didnt buy them for track but decided to see just how much grip they had. :thumbs: