Pics Of Tinting?

Jobo

We have to be careful when we make statements that they are accurate and valid, otherwise people could end up being stoppped by the constabulary for something that was done on forum advice... :dry:

And it is dead easy to find a lot of the info on Google these days so no excuse to double check...

I am pretty sure OEM tint will be around 15-20% max, when they apply it, letting 80% light in, minimum.

I guess , and this is my guess, as I am not an expert on this, if you then select a 30% tint, it could compound it to 45-50%? :scare:

So yes a very light tint 10% for example would already put you on the limit, and you might not really notice it.

I hope good "tinters" would measure the starting level and then decide the requiered level of added tinting. B)

I am also pretty sure that under normal circumstances you'll probably get a telling off from mr policeman, if you are a good honourable decent looking citizen...that is if you get stopped by one of the two policeman left patrolling our roads... :p

agree with you, hence why I said that any tint darker than a clear film is going to be illegal already.

Pentagon Glasstech also clearly advise that anything darker than a clear film will push you over the legal limit.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Window Tinting - Amendments to legislation

During the early part of 2004, Section 32 of the Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations will be amended to include “Window Tint Filmsâ€

Who's doing it for you jobo?

My dads rangie is tinted all round, I think it was pentagon that did it. It's dark at the back and legal at the front. He thinks he's a pimp daddy but the legal limit is dark enough to give an effect!

Its Tinthaus up in Altens, i had my Fabia vRS done by them, seemed to do a pretty tidy job :thumbs:

These the before or after pic's???

You coming to Wales, Dave?

Not sure yet mate!!!

check those tyres the day before ;)

lol - cheers mate

I'll have bran spankers all the way round,,, GTC's being fitted early April :teeth:

Oh you've got to make the Wales run then to show 'em off :thumbs:

Not sure yet mate!!!

lol - cheers mate

I'll have bran spankers all the way round,,, GTC's being fitted early April :teeth:

;)

"Sick n Tyred" of readin tyre threads but..... Can I ask, cheapest place for a new set of 19's???

Not sure yet mate!!!

lol - cheers mate

;)

"Sick n Tyred" of readin tyre threads but..... Can I ask, cheapest place for a new set of 19's???

Mine were £690 from Andy for Toyo's :ninja: