leather dye

bmg

ive done the gliptone cleaning, conditioning etc. i got a scuff master kit and think i might need to buy a spray gun to redo one of my panels . anyone got any experience in doing this , any advice.

I recently used some Gliptone Scuffmaster on my seat bolster, results below:

Before:

IMG_0658.jpg

After:

IMG_0672.jpg

This wasn't just Scuffmaster for that repair though, I had to use some leather filler too but for smaller creases and cracks it does a good job.

Would definitely recommend using a spray gun and watering it down and thin layers. You can use the gloss enhancer to adjust the shineyness, need to tone mine down a little now it has been conditioned as it looks a ever so slightly glossier than the rest of the seat but a massive improvement.

Wouldn't recommend boot polish, pretty sure it would transfer onto clothes and can't be very hard wearing.

You could use the boot polish on the passenger seat first and see what happens to your passengers clothes. If your happy with the results, do the drivers seat :lol:

love it! :thumbs:

The boot polish trick is one ive used many times before when selling cars with worn out black leather. It hides scuffs and wear a treat - but i certainly wouldnt expect it to be a proper long term fix.

Jinxy - thats an incredible result there. That after picture looks like a brand new seat. :thumbs:

I recently used some Gliptone Scuffmaster on my seat bolster, results below:

Before:

IMG_0658.jpg

After:

IMG_0672.jpg

This wasn't just Scuffmaster for that repair though, I had to use some leather filler too but for smaller creases and cracks it does a good job.

brilliant job mate, mines is the alzean, the interiors perfect aprt from the drivers seat bolster. might try the spray gun and filler. cheers

Would definitely recommend using a spray gun and watering it down and thin layers. You can use the gloss enhancer to adjust the shineyness, need to tone mine down a little now it has been conditioned as it looks a ever so slightly glossier than the rest of the seat but a massive improvement.

Wouldn't recommend boot polish, pretty sure it would transfer onto clothes and can't be very hard wearing.