Strange braking question..

adam1942

Folks When I brake hard my handbrake light comes on some times(checked the hand brake is fully off and also checked the rear disks which where cold indicating that the hand brake was indeed fully off).. Is this normal? Also this morning someone pulled out in front of me then panicked and stopped.. luckily I was only doing 30mph and was able to stop.. however I had to brake quite hard this in turn caused the handbrake light to come on as expected but this time TCS was disabled with the TCS light coming on + the slip light constantly. I turned the car off as I was getting petrol went in and paid... came out went to drive off and it was still showing as disabled.. I tested the car on a quiet road and indeed the tcs was disabled. I disconnected the battery for about 10 seconds (as I was on my way to work or I'd had left it 5-10 minutes) but this made no difference.. just as I turned in to the office the hand brake light went off.. I parked turned the engine off and then back on.. the TCS was fixed with the flights for TCS and slip not illuminated on the dashboard any more..

Has anyone any ideas?!

Also to add I attempted pushing the button for VDC which did nothing..

The volt charge shows 12 as expected...

I assume those lights came on as the car thought the hand brake was on.. but I've no idea why this is the case especially as it comes on when braking hard..

dashtree1.JPG

batterycharge.JPG

Thanks Jez will do.. I have some dot4 motul RBF 600 from my old car.. could I mix that with whatever's currently in there or would you recommend a full flush.. (I've no idea what's in there as it hasn't been changed from I've owned the car)

Coolant temp is perfectly fine, stop worrying the poor guy! :lol:

Exactly, why is 50% something to worry about and 40% not :shrug:

Mine is almost 50%, very slightly under :thumbs:

As long as it aint going through the roof you will be fine :thumbs: