cant access site for 3 weeks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't get on myself at work. Isp is bt. Fine on bt outside of work. Tried the other url's and other browsers. It pings fine and trace route us fine.

Does it work when you use just the IP address Mike? If it works fine with the IP then it must be a DNS thing is my logic. As I dont have this problem at work or home I cant diagnose it :headhurt:

Not DNS then, must be routing related. No idea how we can work that out, that would be one for the host's boffins. I can try asking Amanda's techy's at work to see if they have any ideas. Its likely the hosts will have to sort it though.

Can't get on myself at work. Isp is bt. Fine on bt outside of work. Tried the other url's and other browsers. It pings fine and trace route us fine.

Does it work when you use just the IP address Mike? If it works fine with the IP then it must be a DNS thing is my logic. As I dont have this problem at work or home I cant diagnose it :headhurt:

no it doesnt. Tried differnt DNS too. I'll email you some info on my tests

Got the email. Has me baffled, will try and Google it :surrender:

IP address should get you straight into the server, so not sure why it doesnt work. Tracert for you and me are the same once it hits the hosts machines so nothing different there :wacko:

Logging onto phone occasionally to monitor progress.

I turned off router & modem overnight, no joy still.

Think that's all you've asked me to do, a little hard sometimes to detect which of above is directed to me & which is internal chat?

Just a thought, do the peeps having problems get dropped at the same point... try a trace route to the site IP to see where its failing :shrug:

..... If you've already tried it I will get back in my box :surrender: ...... :lol:

Just a thought, do the peeps having problems get dropped at the same point... try a trace route to the site IP to see where its failing :shrug:

..... If you've already tried it I will get back in my box :surrender: ...... :lol:

Traceroutes all come back fine :wacko:

Just to confirm still in exactly same situation, appreciate it's been hols time for the last few days.

Have re tried clearing dns cache, cleared cookies etc.

Hope it gets resolved soon, but setting off for Le Mans next weekend so i won't care then, for a bit!

Just to confirm still in exactly same situation, appreciate it's been hols time for the last few days.

Have re tried clearing dns cache, cleared cookies etc.

Hope it gets resolved soon, but setting off for Le Mans next weekend so i won't care then, for a bit!

just checked your IP registered with your username and its not banned

Register a new account from your pc on the forum. Just want to see if that works. Post a test thread in the testing forum page if you can. Let me know your new username. It may show up any cookie/ip issues