cant access site for 3 weeks

Hi, since the server change my laptop will no longer load threads, I use ie, trying chrome is worse, says cannot access si Yte. Problem is this site only. Any help pls?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having to use phone. On ie it fails to connect comes up so I can load front page only, click on any thread fail to connect is displayed. With chrome says can't access site at all.

Sure. On ie it says cannot display the webpage. On chrome cannot connect to the site. I am using the .com address. This prob is unique to this site thou. So sorry, you must have thought these issues resolved.

You could also try flushing your DNS cache on windows - as it may be trying to access the old server.

Click Start and "Run". In the box type CMD and hit enter.

This should bring up a command prompt.

at the command prompt, type: IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

(note the space after IPCONFIG)

This should flush out any addresses that your pc may have cached for our server and force it to get a new one from your internet service provider, which should now be the correct one.

Or - open up a command prompt, as above and try the following command:

Ping www.350z-uk.com

what ip address is your machine trying to reach? you should get something like the following on the first line:

"pinging 350z-uk.com [XX.XX.XXX.XXX] with 32 bytes of data:"

Can you advise what numbers your pc shows instead of the XX.XX.XXX.XXX above ?

I caught sight of that on a friends pc last week but can't find thread now to see if it offered a solution. Also tried .net but same issue.

Option 1 failed, tried twice, says function failed during execution. Opt 2 no is

what OS you using, windows 7, vista, Mac or something else ?

Sounds like DNS has gone astray somewhere.

If you use the IP address (94.76.203.122) instead of the address, does everything work ok? Might be worth Googling how to check your DNS settings and perhaps using someone like Google or OpenDNS. It might be your ISP has crappy DNS servers.

This might help - https://developers.google.com/speed/pub ... docs/using

DNS must be working correctly though, becasue 94.76.203.122 is the right address for the server. so if pinging http://www.350z-uk.com returns that IP address, I cant see how it would fail :shrug:

Very strange indeed - will have to do some more research.

Depends on how **** the ISP (or whoever's) DNS servers are. It might have the right IP but that doesnt mean the lookup always works. If their servers are ropey then it might return misses from the cache lookup even when it does know the right IP. OpenDNS/Google might solve it, worth a punt. If not we are into ever more hardcore solutions :headhurt:

Might also be worth checking the hosts file stored on his PC. Its very unlikely that an entry would of been made but i have seen some third party programs use this.

Hosts is locted in c:\windows\system32\driver\etc if its windows 98 or windows7, i think win 2000 was slightly different

Go to that location and double click hosts and then open with notepad, make sure there is no entry for and of the clubs domains.

Also restart your router might sort out the caching issue with your ISP

Also restart your router might sort out the caching issue with your ISP

Good call, it might have cached it. Odd though that sometimes it makes the hit and gets the right IP and sometimes fails. Guess the router could be having a tantrum or on the way out.

Can you get Virgin routers to use something like OpenDNS? I have a habit of using it whenever I set up a new connection. ISPs can be quite shocking when it comes to DNS which is mental when you consider its the backbone of the internet!

Going to try the Google DNS tonight, if its like most of their other services, I'd imagine its quite good :thumbs: