Buying a 350Z

Johnnyspa

Just bought my first one after selling them between 2003-2005. Even 7 years later it was the best car ive ever driven and went back and got one. Just make sure you get a decent test drive or 2 under your belt. Dont be afraid to stretch the engine just because the seller is with you. Listen to the car. Anything that doesnt sound/feel right isnt.

Get under the car and look for signs of crash damage around the vehicle. Check for signs of a well maintained car. Tyres are a good start. If someone skimps on the bits you can see..........

Hope you join me in my new ownership soon and your search goes well. I have 12 days to wait and counting.

Hello!

Thank you everybody for your replies, help, and welcome!!!

Where can I find the buying guide?

I hope I will find a decent unit. I will start the search seriously the next month as in June I´m going to be out of UK. If everything goes ok, I will join the club as an owner soon!!!

Cheers

Jonathan

:welcome:

They are very reliable cars all in all, check you're happy with the clutch and the gearbox as they can be pricey and do go after a while.

Also check out 'banana arms' on here (front suspension part).

Also, use the radio/ cd and check all the speakers work (inc the sub) as these can be a few £100 to put right if you're keeping it standard. Easy to forget this on a test drive and annoying once you've bought it!

Overall, as these cars are often owned by enthsiasts, wait until you find an immacculate one by someone who's looked after it well (they are out there!)