Wheel nut help.

kiingsi

I have just put a set of grid drifts on my z and they look amazing but the wheel nuts I have on are just silver and tatty and also are not a very good fit in the small rota hole, so I am after some gold ones to match the brembos and 19mm outside diameter as the 21mm ones I have on at the minute catch the inside of the holes.

I am very sceptical about wheel nuts tho as on my old car after fitting some red alloy ones. After been out in the car for an hour or two of spirited driving I heard a knocking on the car so pulled over and to my shock one wheel nut had completely come off and at least half of them had come loose :scare:

Can any body suggest some good wheel nuts?

And can anybody give your opinion on these please

http://www.raceways.co.uk/Motorsport_lightweight_aluminium_wheel_nuts.htm

The Rays have reinforced threads too ......... but I still wouldnt use them. To easy for a thief to remove or you to chew up, plus the obvious "What if they fall off" concern.

Unfortunately alloy nuts are all going to suffer the problem so my soluton was to puch the boat out a little ............. ;)

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/m ... ry_Code=L1

They can pinch 4 out of 5 nuts fair comment, but that can be said about any wheel nuts.

Seriously though, never had the slightest of problem and I've had them on 14 months now.

I'd buy them again if needs be :thumbs:

They can pinch 4 out of 5 nuts fair comment, but that can be said about any wheel nuts.

Seriously though, never had the slightest of problem and I've had them on 14 months now.

I'd buy them again if needs be :thumbs:

Only problem I had with the RAYS nuts were the colour fading :(

I've got Muteki nuts now which are much nicer looking :teeth:

Have noticed a very slight loss in colour but nothing to speak loudly of just yet.

I have recently been looking at the Leggera Kics nuts, a wider choice in colours but not sure of the quality. The chaps across the pond love them, so they must be fairly good quality?

Not digging at you dude, but thats like saying "This tiger must be fine with children, as it hasnt eaten any yet" - you only know about a problem after its happened. ;)

The quality of my KICs is good, but Ive started seeing a little bit of rust forming inside the lugnut, not what you expect for £200+ :dry:

Not digging at you dude, but thats like saying "This tiger must be fine with children, as it hasnt eaten any yet" - you only know about a problem after its happened. ;)

The quality of my KICs is good, but Ive started seeing a little bit of rust forming inside the lugnut, not what you expect for £200+ :dry:

:lol: Fair point, no tiger strikes here either :yahoo:

Hmmm rust, that's not so great.

When the Weds finally get purchased I'll probably get some of their nuts to accompany the wheels, so I'll test those before anything else I guess.