Google Apps

steve_b

Just interested to see if anyone is using the free spreadsheet and docs tools from Google on Windows platform. Seems okay as has mail, calender and instant messenger as well and a couple of gig storage.

I use MS Office for work, but for wife/partner is it any good.

Anyone even using it for business use instead of Office.

PS I know it is on-line only but everytime she uses the laptop she is on-line anyway.

http://www.google.com/google-d-s/hpp/hpp_en_GB.html

Have you heard of Open Office?

Completely Free Download from www.openoffice.org, 90 MB download and it is very similar to MS. Office , you get an oppenoffice version of

Excel, Word, Access, Paint, Powerpoint

it saves files in MS formats, and all sorts of other formats, including PDF... very good very simple and very very FREEEEEEE

I got it installed in out living room laptop, we use this to surf internet and I did not want to pay 100 quid + for MS office for VISTA....

Have you heard of Open Office?

Completely Free Download from www.openoffice.org, 90 MB download and it is very similar to MS. Office , you get an oppenoffice version of

Excel, Word, Access, Paint, Powerpoint

it saves files in MS formats, and all sorts of other formats, including PDF... very good very simple and very very FREEEEEEE

I got it installed in out living room laptop, we use this to surf internet and I did not want to pay 100 quid + for MS office for VISTA....

Does this work on a Mac