Project Zed - Joel's Black 2009 GT

Jo3ly

Hi guys, thought i would post up a build thread as ive been on here since late last year and the mods are starting to take form now!

Saved up my pennies and bought a completely standard 2009 (58) Black 350z GT in November 2011. Had 28k on the clock, 1 owner from new, FSH and still in warranty so snatched it up!

Here she is the day i picked her up...

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Car027.jpg

Car023.jpg

Stayed the same way for a few months while i decided the plans for it. Original plan was a TT kit but after looking into the costs involved and its already not the cheapest car to run as a daily, i decided against this! Plus the cost of a years insurance and a years road tax in January left me a bit short.

First thing on the list was a new set of tyres. The car came with 4 brand new Alpha's on it, however a looming trip to the Nurburgring in April 2012 forced me to swap these out for a set of Yokohoma AD08's. Dropped the profile from 45 to 40 too.

newtyres.png

A set of Injen Cold Air Intakes was next on the list...

injen.png

Fitting with my private plate :)

fittingintakes.png

Off to Abbey Motorsport for a pair of Berk De-cat pipes and an up-rev gave me a healthy 303whp

Joel_1.png

Joel_2.png

if you take a stab at about 40hp loss through the gearbox, that gives me a very nice 343bhp at the fly! :)

Will update shortly with pics etc from my Nurburg trip :)

sorry about the poor picture quality, dodgy phone pics!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought a silly numberplate for the car so put this on just before the trip to Germany along with a full service and a set of Ferrodo DS2500s. Few track pics from the ring below...

joel_heasman.jpg

30729.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

got about 6 laps in and managed to keep them all under 10 minutes a lap (apart from the snow lap) so i was happy enough with my first trip in the Zed.

ringlap.png

haha thanks guys. i tried to get Y SO 5LOW but it was taken. Had to make do with a 6 (and a carefully placed numberplate cap when the police arent looking) :)

ive just lamin-x'd the front headlights and fitted black badges all round so will get pics up of this shortly.

bought a set of D2 coilovers and a new set of wheels at the weekend too so photos of these will follow too!

I think im decided on black chrome. Everything else on the car is black but i didnt want to just gloss black them. They should really pop when the sun catches them and look glossy black in the dark.

• 4 weeks later...