Notice of potential outage

Chesterfield

All,

Please note that as of today, we have a serious issue that has arrisen for the website.

This issue stems from the earlier outage on the 7th & 8th of April.

In short, the problems we suffered due to technical issues at the hosts, have also generated other errors on our server which the hosts refuse to accept as errors.

Needless to say, we have made our position clear with the hosts regarding this error. We have also pointed out that the this specific issue they say is not an error is physically impossible given the hardware of our server.

Unfortunately I may as well have spent my time talking to my kitchen door, and the hosts are adamant that this error we have suffered does not exist.

The team have taken the decision not to cave into this. We will NOT use hard earned club funds to pay what we believe to be a false and incorrect invoice. Therefore it is likely that the forum will experience a period of downtime, most probably as early as this Thursday. The team will of course ensure we keep this to a minimum and bring the site back up as quickly as possible. We will not however be bullied into paying a false bill of thousands of pounds by the threat of removing our server.

We trust you will understand. We would much rather spend our funds providing tickets, bbq's and other items for all our members than giving it to bullies to save a couple of days downtime.

If you notice a slow response from our server during the next day or so, that will be us ensuring we have a backup in the event of an impending move.

Thanks again for your patience.

Oh man, you just need this stress prior to Wales :surrender:

I'm sure Lexx and Beavis can sort them out :#1: and for good measure get Ekona to talk tyres to them for a while, they'll soon give in to your demands.

Hope you get it sorted without too much pain, but then again I know first hand of dealing with IT disputes.

Good luck and go get em... We'll still be here :thumbs:

Oh man, you just need this stress prior to Wales :surrender:

I'm sure Lexx and Beavis can sort them out :#1: and for good measure get Ekona to talk tyres to them for a while, they'll soon give in to your demands.

Hope you get it sorted without too much pain, but then again I know first hand of dealing with IT disputes.

Good luck and go get em... We'll still be here :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs:

If the worst does happen then we'll update through the facebook groups for those that use them.

For those that don't, find a forum friend that does so you know what's going on.

Links below if you need them. :)