Is this oil cooler standard?

Diddykong157

It's located behind the front bumper in front of the radiator and has nice blue/red pipe connectors on it.

It looks very fancy to be standard equipment.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has one fitted?

I'm guessing it's an oil cooler and came with the car when I got it.

img0904pz.jpg

Hmm.. thanks guys, don't know whether it's a good thing of a bad thing!

At least its ready if I ever want to take it on the track.

Like with anything depends on the driver.

Might have been an occasional track user, full time enthusiast who gave the car every care and treatment and drove the car well on the track rather than the road.

No more risky than a brassic 20 something twerp who thrashes the guts out of it on a supermarket carpark (after sticking supermarket 95 RON in it). On the face of it you wouldn't know about that either apart from the 'never track raced' bollocks he'll undoubtedly put in the for sale advert.

Looks nice engine bling regardless B)

Hmm.. thanks guys, don't know whether it's a good thing of a bad thing!

At least its ready if I ever want to take it on the track.

I think it's a good thing. Yes it's been on track but it's a sports car they where designed for this. The vq is a pretty reliable engine.

Also the guy fitted an oil cooler so he knew what he was doing plus he was protecting the car.

looks like somebodys car used to be a track whore :blush:B)

Ouch.

On the other hand if that's right it will have been put through its paces and be in tip top condition. Its new life is going to be like asking Haile Gebrselassie to mooch down the shops for a paper on a sunday morning.

looks like somebodys car used to be a track whore :blush:B)

Ouch.

On the other hand if that's right it will have been put through its paces and be in tip top condition. Its new life is going to be like asking Haile Gebrselassie to mooch down the shops for a paper on a sunday morning.

:lol::clap:

If he cared enough about his engine to fit an oil cooler, I would hazard a guess that he's an enthusiast and would more than likely have warmed the car up properly before flooring it and ran the car on high octane fuel (99ron), I'd see it as a good thing :thumbs:

If I were you, I would get an oil temperature gauge fitted even if its only a temporary measure to see what oil temperatures your getting.

That looks like a 24 row cooler you have fitted. I'd be surprised if your oil even gets up to temperature when driving normally or cruising, especially in winter. I'd also make sure you have a thermostatic take off plate fitted. That's far too big for an NA zed driven normally on the road and I think would do more harm then good.

To put it in perspective, my 442bhp Supercharged zed has a 19 row cooler with a thermo valve and only 2/3 of it in airflow and that runs about right.

Djtimo's TURBO zed that makes a lot of heat has a 24 row (like yours) and he found that he had to cover it up in winter because his oil wasn't getting warm enough!