reality check . . . bond chopper

I'm just thankful that the Pilot brought it down with no injuries to anyone on board.

I'd like to think it's just coincidence that Bond seem badly affected.

I've flown many times on whirlybirds but never had any near misses in the North sea. I did think I was going to die a few times on ruski choppers in Siberia though.....

It's days like this that make me glad to be an office bod though.

I supply the guys who fix the choppers for CHC and Bristow (and the Army, SAR, Air Force training, Oil exploration etc. etc.). Bottom line is that generally if a helicopter fails, people die, the pilots did well to get them down. :thumbs:

Not a near miss as such, but I remember being asked to be "ballast" for a test flight from one of the aforementioned companies aircraft that had been in for overhaul a few years back, it was only when we were about 100ft in the air I realised what "test flight" meant, that they werent sure everythign was working :scare:

Fortunately all was good .......... apart from two weeks later when the same aircraft was grounded for a loose rotorhead nut :scare::scare::scare:

I was on the Elgin at Xmas when CHC had a gearbox warning, had to land the chopper on the rig and get engineers out. Also had oil coming into the cabin just before taking off, we got off for them to check it out. Turned out it was just an overfill of oil from the last checks :dry:

Like you say its just a bad coincidence that its Bond again, they all have issues, just not all get out to the masses.

Just a reality check that it can happen

I once sent a team to fix a Puma that had been parked covertly in Iraq by some nice chaps in black masks ;) ........... until the Americans landed a Blackhawk on it. Yep, they didnt notice the 60ft long, 7 tonne object beneath them as they gently came into land :headhurt:

I once sent a team to fix a Puma that had been parked covertly in Iraq by some nice chaps in black masks ;) ........... until the Americans landed a Blackhawk on it. Yep, they didnt notice the 60ft long, 7 tonne object beneath them as they gently came into land :headhurt:

You are kidding!! EEEjits! :lol: