headlight

balla

i know this is not the correct area to post this but don't think any body looks in the wanted section and this is urgent. im after a ballast for the headlights or a complete unit would be.the best brought a second hand one from Alex and it worked for a night the previous one got water damaged but inside the lamp was soaked. so i dryed it out best i could but there was.still a little condensation nothing major but it seams it has blown it again as i have changed all the components over from each lamp and the ballast from the working side works in the non working side some one please help :(

A complete lack of punctuation makes that difficult to read.

Are you saying you bought one from Alex, it worked for a night, but then failed?

If so, that would suggest that it's something causing the ballast to fail. So replacing it with another may not solve the problem.

yeah sorry i was rushing around at work trying to fix it to no luck :@.

i need a complete passenger side unit because my current one has water or damp in there and i beleave that is what has caused the ballast to blow for a second time :(

ive thought about doing that but from what i have read they are hard to get them to seal right again and the problem usually reoccurs.

has any body else had a problem with condensation and damp affecting or damaging there ballast ?

ive thought about doing that but from what i have read they are hard to get them to seal right again and the problem usually reoccurs.

has any body else had a problem with condensation and damp affecting or damaging there ballast ?

James,

Are your arch liners in place?

Did you remember and swop over the large O ring on the rear of the ballast?

Alex :)

arch liner is in place which was purchased from you alex thank you :D and o rings are in place. i think its been caused by the water that got in from when i didnt have an arch liner. i got as much of it out as i could and it only left a few drops on the inside and some condensation.

It may not be the 2nd ballast that's went, check the brown connector on the ballast for corrosion as that's the first point of call for any moisture in the lamp. Another headlamp won't be cheap, even from breakers or a trader on here, so best bet is to try open and reseal it after drying.