Burning smell under acceleration

taffyjason

its not unpleasant,not like the engine is eating metal, just has to get you thinking what's causing it? im having the plenum chamber removed and worked on next week, maybe they'll see some symptoms there? but it has many people baffled !

Is it an electrical smell, oily smell, cat smell, rubbery smell? Tbh, I get it on mine, but that's after she's had a good thrashing. Mine smells rubbery, but eh, it don't go up in flames, and goes like snot off a stick. :lol:

How long have you been keeping snot on a stick? :wacko:

Is it an electrical smell, oily smell, cat smell, rubbery smell? Tbh, I get it on mine, but that's after she's had a good thrashing. Mine smells rubbery, but eh, it don't go up in flames, and goes like snot off a stick. :lol:

Quite a while, just needs to be kept moist. :lol:

:yuck::yuck:

Quite a while, just needs to be kept moist. :lol:

well i changed the clutch 3 months ago, only thing i can think of from what is left over and what you guys suggest is the headers, the rest of the exhaust is new,

i have Berk Cats, Stillen Y pipe and Crapspeed k2 rear, it was making that burning smell before all of those

so you think maybe headers?

I have a similar sort of thing caused by a leaking cam cover. The spark plug wells very slowly fill with a small amount of oil which then cooks off under enthusiastic driving. It's more of a hot oil smell than a burning smell though. Leaking cam covers aren't exactly common but are a known issue so might be worth checking, although IIRC you had your plugs changed recently didn't you so I guess it would have been spotted then :shrug:

DB

I have had a burning smell under acceleration

Mine did this a couple of times soon after I first got it. It had been little used for a good time before I bought it.

Now that I give it a good work-out every day, it no longer does it.

so maybe oil is building up somewhere? i'll ask my garage to look for signs when they take the plenum chamber off, as i say its not like an exhaust smell, its almost nice, but very strong over 4k revs, im just worried something is about to go pop

i bought the car with no service history on risk, but gotr 2k off the asking price, subsequently found signs of side impact, hence i had everything serviced and checked, this is the last issue to check out, hope i can find the source