hate the sat nav - what instead?

Geekboy78

howdy.

bought myself my first zed (04 plate GT) last week, and love it. loooove it.

but... as with everything i love, there are a few things i would change (ale without hangovers, computer games without being shouted at by screaming racist american kids, festivals without rain etc) and am on the case with a few spares to change how it looks - at this stage it'll only really be cosmetic stuff. my ability to change and mod things is up there with katie price's ability to be under-stated and demure, so lets stick to skin-deep things for now...

i hate the sat nav. hate it. so, i want it changed - but i will probably just use some kind of tomtom thing that the missus has, so i don't really need another sat nav in it's place...

so i'm looking at either leaving it in there and just closing the door on it and being annoyingly reminded by the lady everytime i drive near the congestion charge zone (thanks for that - the massive signs and living in london for years means that is not very helpful), or maybe there is something else i could do with the space.

i am currently looking for a flux capacitor to do some fluxing, but until i find one, are there any other suggestions or smart ideas?

the floor is yours fellow zedders....

Hi and congrats on your new ownership.

New owner mself so i feel your joy mate. :teeth:

If you don't want your sat-navi would gladly take it off you as i hate the centre box thing on the dash being empty! lol

I'm unaware if it can be retro fitted to a 2004 UK zed but im sure someone with better knowledge will be along to help...

If it can be done and you fancy it PM me and we'll take it from there.

Cheers.

:thumbs:

hey barry,

if i cannot think of anything to do with the space instead of the satnav, i'll be keeping it.

would rather have something else in there, so if i, or one of the other people on here, can come up with something interesting to do instead then i'll let you know.

hope you are enjoying your new zed as much as i am.....

geekboy78

Some people with after market head units have managed to connect them to the ECU in some way and have an app that shows all the cars details, temps, boost, rpm, etc etc. I'm sure there will be a way for you to replace the Satnav with a tablet with similar sized screen and get the same thing.

i like the idea of a satnav with telly... i like that a lot.

would the aerial thing not get in the way? i assume it would be a relatively simple job to fit?

and as for that setup SpursMadDave... that's just showing off.

i like the idea of a satnav with telly... i like that a lot.

would the aerial thing not get in the way? i assume it would be a relatively simple job to fit?

and as for that setup SpursMadDave... that's just showing off.

Yeh you know you want it....haha

:yahoo: