6K HID's

JT350GT4

I used to have 6K's on my old C2 which I know they're not supposed to have :blush:, but I miss the clarity they gave, so much better driving at night!

I know the Zed already has 4.3K HID's for dipped beam. So i'm guessing it wouldn't be illegal to move up to 6K's? Also is this just a case of swapping bulbs over? Anybody know anywhere to get some decent ones?

Cheers,

Jordan

Yes d2r.

I recently bought a pair of 10000k off eBay for about £18.

What do you think of the 10,000k? I'm sure they look great, but is it not a bit dull in the dark due to the blue colour?

Sorry, only just seen this.

I've had no problems with them so far, but then to be honest i rarely drive anywhere where i dont know where im going, and im hardly every out in the dark anyway so its not a problem for me.

But to answer your question, i would say they're only a tiny bit dimmer than regular bulbs... certainly not so dim that it affects your driving style.

Sorry, only just seen this.

I've had no problems with them so far, but then to be honest i rarely drive anywhere where i dont know where im going, and im hardly every out in the dark anyway so its not a problem for me.

But to answer your question, i would say they're only a tiny bit dimmer than regular bulbs... certainly not so dim that it affects your driving style.

Thanks Chris. I was looking for a real world account of higher temperature bulbs. I read so much about 8k+ being useless compared to OEM 4300k and decided to opt for 5k hoping they would be nice and white with no blue, but they actually have a bit of yellow in them. I think I'll try a set of 8k in a while when i've got a bit of use out of these bulbs.

• 4 weeks later...

8000K has always been my preference

Perfect balance between light output and colour

QFT, I had those on my old Seat Leon and they looked fantastic and the light output was superb. Just too lazy to install the 8Ks in my Zed because it's such a hassle to put them in. Maybe when I replace my front brakes next week (with the wheels being off already and all)...