Aston Martin Vanquish S Detailing

Darren-B

In the very little spare time I have after working full time & 1/2, :drunk: & modding the zed I do a bit of detailing on cars of friends & family. I don`t normally post about it, but this one is a little special.

So the car arrived today after I had the zed SC install neigh on complete.

Wed25th021.jpg

Zed has been demoted to the drive :thumbdown:

Wed25th001.jpg

& the Red beauty into the Garage for stage 1, the interior. Had to go in at an angle as I built my spray room as big as I could to allow the Zed to still fit in the garage, The Aston is 300mm odd longer :bangin:

AMVanquishS001.jpg

AMVanquishS002.jpg

The car is relatively low milage but the leather hasn`t been to well looked after by the previous owner, it`s a little dirty & has some minor scuffs &creases

AMVanquishS003.jpg

AMVanquishS009.jpg

AMVanquishS011.jpg

AMVanquishS012.jpg

AMVanquishS014.jpg

AMVanquishS015.jpg

So done the initial clean & condition tonight & ended up with this

AMVanquishS022.jpg

AMVanquishS024.jpg

AMVanquishS026.jpg

The dull door handles were bothering me so I had to polish them & the speaker surrounds

AMVanquishS027.jpg

AMVanquishS045.jpg

Hopefully I`ll get a chance for the second clean tomorrow & re-colouring on the weekend.

Poor show not finishing it. Anyone would think you are busy at the moment. :p:lol:

Very nice B) If they will swop with you for the Wales meet,we might have to make an exception to the rule. :ban::blush:

Love the colour.

I hate to think what will happen when you finish your car then :scare::shrug: ...............................Nurse!!!!! :lol:

While it's there Darren, can you do a startup and a few revs on camera? ;):teeth: Brooom brooom!

I'll try, but it makes me weak at the knees when the exhaust valves open up, :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

So after spending about 14hours on the car here are the final results, unfortunately the pictures give it no justice

The cleaned & lightly recoloured seats & trims that I forgot to take pictures of after woulds :bang: I`ll try & get some on the weekend

The exterior, gave her a quick wash in the rain

VanquisS010.jpg

VanquisS014.jpg

then backed into the garage for the detail

VanquisS018.jpg

The paint on the car is beautiful, completely flat polished, smooth as glass :cloud9: But there were a few minor defects, light scratches all over as a result of previous poor cleaning techniques & quite clearly things being placed on the bootlid :scare: . So I got to work by using Megs paint cleaner on the entire car to get rid of all the previous waxes etc, then went about repairing some of the light scratches, tried some megs ultra finishing polish, which pretty much did the job on most of the damage & used 3m ultra fina blue on some of the slightly worse areas, this resulted in the car having virtually zero imperfections & looking like this :teeth:

VanquisS021.jpg

VanquisS023.jpg

VanquisS023.jpg

So a further light polish with megs machine glaze & a top coat of wax & ended up with this result :cloud9:

VanquisS063.jpg

VanquisS039.jpg

VanquisS020.jpg

VanquisS009.jpg

VanquisS014-1.jpg

VanquisS051.jpg

VanquisS056.jpg

VanquisS063.jpg

VanquisS071.jpg

After having the car for 10 days or so & having the opportunity to drive it last Sunday, I have fallen in love with it, not just the looks but the way it drives & how special it feels when your inside. Not to mention the noise when you get on the throttle :cloud9:

I`ll be sure to buy one just as soon as my numbers come up on the Lotto :surrender: