Radiator Gurus; Mishimoto vs Japspeed etc

luka761

Hello fellow fox haters!

After my disaster last weekend with the ginger vermin I'm having to replace my radiator. I've got Mishimoto fans on the way (hopefully) and they do a radiator as well but its a bit pricey compared to the Japspeed one (£150 vs £215). Does anyone know if Mishi fans and Japspeed radiator will fit together ok and can someone explain to me the difference in quality, I am quite an aggressive driver :drive1 but don't do racing or other crazy stuff and my car is otherwise unmodified.

Oh and please don't tell me to :pmzmanalex: I've already bothered that poor man enough for one lifetime.

Cheers

Luka

japspeed dont actually make the rads though, the buy some other 'brand' ( i think) the rad I got was / is pretty good holding up well and wasnt pricey. another lad on here got it, 55mm so it's a bit tight but fits with aps tt kit in there. I've seen 'better' brands leaking with little to no use so wouldn't really be to bothered about their price... custom made in the uk might be the best option but will probably cost a good bit more then 200£ get a cheaper one and be prepared to replace it a bit more often...pm me if you want the linky to where I got it.

Ok what about http://www.universal-intercoolers.co.uk/ anyone had any experience with them? Search turns up nada

You'll still need a radiator tho.......

They do radiators too on their ebay store. We shall see, I've ordered the radiator and the Mishimoto fans, knowing my luck if it can go wrong it will go wrong.

u got a linky or some data of it?

This is the one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-G35-Z33-ALLOY-HIGH-FLOW-RACE-RADIATOR-03-06-DRIFT-SPEC-/260863569570?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbcae2ea2#ht_1936wt_1163

same one that I got :teeth: maybe not use the 1.3 bar cap on that unless needed. swap over the oem one. gluck installing it!

Something I should pass onto the lad who is going to be doing the work, is it a bitch?

same one that I got :teeth: maybe not use the 1.3 bar cap on that unless needed. swap over the oem one. gluck installing it!

Something I should pass onto the lad who is going to be doing the work, is it a bitch?

:blush: yup, you wont be able to fit the oem fan shrowd behind it (maybe if you don't have APS kit it might work but not chance if you do have it!)

I couldnt fit any type of shrowd and had to use fan fitting kit for my slim fans that I got. 10" fans, I could have gone 12" but they're is little need since they do very little over 20mph+ (and if they're is a fan it'll restrict flow anyway. If you need any help fitting the fans let me know, I'm guessing you can't re-use the oem cabling so you need to be a bit nifty with the install...

:blush: yup, you wont be able to fit the oem fan shrowd behind it (maybe if you don't have APS kit it might work but not chance if you do have it!)

I couldnt fit any type of shrowd and had to use fan fitting kit for my slim fans that I got. 10" fans, I could have gone 12" but they're is little need since they do very little over 20mph+ (and if they're is a fan it'll restrict flow anyway. If you need any help fitting the fans let me know, I'm guessing you can't re-use the oem cabling so you need to be a bit nifty with the install...

Ah bolox this sounds like a nightmare. I have mishimoto fans and shroud inbound in the mail, hopefully they will fit ok since they looked a bit slimmer, otherwise my mechanic will have to engage in a bit of jiggery pokery or ill have to send the bastard back and fork out even more money.

Ah bolox this sounds like a nightmare. I have mishimoto fans and shroud inbound in the mail, hopefully they will fit ok since they looked a bit slimmer, otherwise my mechanic will have to engage in a bit of jiggery pokery or ill have to send the bastard back and fork out even more money.

might be easier to fit if you take the bumper off and the support stuff and fit it that way. I ripped out the old rad shrowd, ripped out the old rad and fitted my new rad by sliding it down. Might be much easier when you don't have a tt fitted, the AC pipes will be moved out of the way either way. But you won't have the IC pipes to battle with. Make sure to give whomever are fitting this stuff enough info to do it so they dont destroy it :lol:

Core radiator support is cracked and being replaced so whole bumper is coming off anyway hopefully that should give him the space he needs to **** about with it. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that the hoses are long enough. Whats a tt? Actually I don't want to know, the bastard will either fit or it won't, if it doesn't ill douse myself and the bloody car with petrol and have done with it.

Core radiator support is cracked and being replaced so whole bumper is coming off anyway hopefully that should give him the space he needs to **** about with it. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that the hoses are long enough. Whats a tt? Actually I don't want to know, the bastard will either fit or it won't, if it doesn't ill douse myself and the bloody car with petrol and have done with it.

twin turbo, aps systems.

anyway if he is taking it all off I'd say no drama. the pipes will be to long to be honest so tell him to ONLY cut the top rad pipe not the bottom (no need) it might hit the pullies if he does. I got a spare lower one if you need it lol :blush: