random tips on insurance - 22yr old for 820pnd

ddcboyle

for a 22 year old, insurance for 54 350z gt in silver was £2,800 but got it down to £820 for a year with 2 yrs no claims.

Ive added both mother and father which reduced it by 700pound, keeping myself as policy holder, owner and primary driver.

parked on the street instead of in the drive reduced it by 150pounds, reason for this is that in the drive they know which house the keys are in (unlikely someone will walk into house but it must have happened - this brought mine down but not my friends so it may vary)

im a soldier by job, but my rank is airman. putting airman down as job reduced by 200 due to soldiers being more accident prone but airman is classed as air crew (their mistake not mine for the flaw). so if you have a job that is seen as more dangerous personality, have a play around with similar job details. i.e if your an assassin, try contractor.

and a bit of searching around on comparison websites. i use elephant for insurance via comparethemearkat, but when i went straight to elephant.com my quote was 160pound more expensive.

other simple tips : reduce mileage to 10,000 instead of putting in a random figure. some insurance conpanies vary but the more miles you are likely to do the more your likely to crash.

increase excess rate, unless your aiming to flip your car, your going to pay excess anyway so moving from 250 to 500 makes massive difference.

regarding adding bodykit, i called to get quote on nismo v2 bodykit and would only be 43pound more for year, and green vinyl wrapped being 17pound more expensive although those parts arent covered for insurance. i.e. car is protected but not body extras or the vinyl wrap itself.

May already be something like this on here, ive just put all my findings down as a verification.

I'm turning 21 in June and got an insurance quote with Admiral for around £750 fully comp with £500 voluntary excess with both parents as named drivers. That's 6k miles/year (doubt £10k would be any more really but might check out of interest) an parked on a driveway (cheaper than if I parked it in the garage).

These Zeds are surprisingly cheap to insure for what they are.