19" rays alloy price

rossm100

Having clipped an alloy last week and getting an 'ok' repair I called the local hpc for a quote on a new alloy. They didn't know and called Nissan who said £1441 for one!

Maybe I'm naive but that just seems ridiculous.

My scuff is tiny and it was only my OCD that made me think about calling for a new one but at that price there's no chance in hell I'd buy one.

Last year I went into the local Nissan garage to ask how much a set would be for my 350z. I walked out in hysterical laughter it was crazy.

If you are still worried I'd get it refurbed but and this is a big but, make sure it's a good place as to my knowledge the 370z wheels are not easy to colour match

Yea to be fair that's pretty much what the guy said who did the repair. He said the finish is sparkling glass and there's a black coat underneath the top coat which makes it very hard to touch in.

It's a pain in the arse to match. Either put up with the repair or get another set of alloys :thumbs:

Having clipped an alloy last week and getting an 'ok' repair I called the local hpc for a quote on a new alloy. They didn't know and called Nissan who said £1441 for one!

Maybe I'm naive but that just seems ridiculous.

My scuff is tiny and it was only my OCD that made me think about calling for a new one but at that price there's no chance in hell I'd buy one.

Against all the odds I've managed 6 months without kerbing my current Z's alloys, but I did it quite a bit in the last one. I used several mobile refurbishers. They ranged from quite cheap (£50) per wheel (and pretty awful) to more expensive but quite good (Wicked Wheels). Last time I had one done by Wicked Wheels it was £100, but they did a good job.