Need new front discs

The Bounty Bar Kid

Good point, but then you could also argue it's actually a £30K car so parts should be looked at in that aspect.

My trouble is that I see so many people pouring £5K+ into the car to make it heavier and slower by adding all the pretty bits, and that makes me die a little inside :(:lol:

Very true, I am only interested in interior 'pretty bits' ok my sub weighs a tonne but it actually makes the car go faster with the right music ;)

Neil you won't regret the brake lines, they really do make a difference :thumbs:

I have thought about the braided clutch line too...

Dave, have you sat down yet and totted up what you spent so far since buying the car itself (minus consumables of course)?

I have started to develop fits of amnesia as I know the total spent on mods is approaching purchase price of the car, so.....

My only 'luxury' is the 1k I spent on my speakers and subs :blush:

I think you only get in to the territory you are talking about when you go for bodykits with the associated spraying and wheels etc... thats when it starts to get painful in the pocket :lol:

Most of mine has been consumables -

Exhaust was knackered after 72k, although I did buy 2 :blush:

Cats were corroded, got them welded then saw some 2nd hand Berks

Wheels & Calipers were in a sorry state so got powder coated

So apart from all the interior stuff most of which I have done myself I guess its the ICE & the upRev / plenum....

The old girl is having a bit of work done next week though :ninja:

Volk Alloys + Varis Bonnet + Varis front lip + ChargeSpeed skirts & spats = already over half the cars value :surrender:

add UpRev, exhaust, ICE and other misc stuff... :scare:

[i was just thinking price wise really, now that a Zed could be worth about £6k spending over £1k just on front disks & pads does seem overkill for me that's all unless, you regularly throw it round a track of course :thumbs:

Good point, but then you could also argue it's actually a £30K car so parts should be looked at in that aspect.

My trouble is that I see so many people pouring £5K+ into the car to make it heavier and slower by adding all the pretty bits, and that makes me die a little inside :(:lol:

now i need to get some hel brake lines. anybody got any idea which colour matches the gold calipers best?

You can't really see them unless you take the wheels off, mine are the standard silver I didn't know they did different colours :shrug:

They do make a nice difference to the feel of the brakes :thumbs:

^^^This. Get the plain ones.

Plain ones and coloured ones I asssume perform the same with these as it is only asthetics. So does it really add any weight? Just seems nice to get gold ones to match. Costs the same. I'm not a fan of putting things on the car unless it improves performance.

Volk Alloys + Varis Bonnet + Varis front lip + ChargeSpeed skirts & spats = already over half the cars value :surrender:

add UpRev, exhaust, ICE and other misc stuff... :scare:

Yes but all those things are looked after and will be saleable if / when the car goes... I am not a fan of aftermarket wheels & bodykits but I appreciate those who get the real deal and do things properly :thumbs:

Plain ones and coloured ones I asssume perform the same with these as it is only asthetics. So does it really add any weight? Just seems nice to get gold ones to match. Costs the same. I'm not a fan of putting things on the car unless it improves performance.

They just add 'feel' to the brakes, before I got them fitted I found the brake a bit vague and spongy really....

They just add 'feel' to the brakes, before I got them fitted I found the brake a bit vague and spongy really....

It won't matter what colour you get really, because unless you intend to clean them every week, they all end up looking the same....dirty

It won't matter what colour you get really, because unless you intend to clean them every week, they all end up looking the same....dirty

Well I do tend to clean my car twice a week.

And do you tend to jack up the car twice a week to take the wheels off and clean behind the caliper where the lines sit?

And do you tend to jack up the car twice a week to take the wheels off and clean behind the caliper where the lines sit?

That's where they go? Lol. Ok so I won't get round to clean them ever.

Tbh it's not exactly that quick in the first place. I'm not sure it's a car well suited for being tracked, just due to the weight alone.

OP, have you done front and rears in the end? You do tend to notice having standard pads at the rear.

There you go then :)

BTW, my HEL lines are a limited edition Carbon Fibre finish ;)

Why? So after all that, you have non plain ones too! Lol.

Well, they were on offer cheap, so I kinda had to get them.

I don't actually remember whether I bought them off a member here or whether it was from CS, but they were cheaper than Recommended Retail Price of standard plain ones.

I don't actually remember whether I bought them off a member here or whether it was from CS, but they were cheaper than Recommended Retail Price of standard plain ones.

You got them from me a few years ago, Mark, soon after HEL released them... :thumbs:

You got them from me a few years ago, Mark, soon after HEL released them... :thumbs:

And you did a deal on them, right? Like an introductory offer or something.

All I know is that a member on here had a hand in designing them, was dcash5 if I remember correctly.