Aftermarket seats

Andy

Had a customer that bought some black leather/carbon fibre/blue piping Cobra Misano's off us a couple of months ago but he has now gone and crahed his car so has no need for them! They are brand new and even if I do say so myself, look the nuts!!

My question is, has anyone else changed their seats and if so does it cause any problems with things such as airbag sensors/airbag warning lights?? My insurance company are happy for me to do it but I just wanted to get as much info as possible before I go ahead.

Cheers,

Andy

Im alive .....(just been dead busy with work etc .. )

Yep I swopped my seats out, the ones I picked were Recaros out of a Civic of all things.

All you need then is some subframes, I used Bride subframes imported from Japan, they needed a little alteration but I got them in in the end,

recaro also do make them but being recaro they cost muchos dollar....

All you need to do then is to get rid of your airbag warning light , this bit is easy, as all you need is a 2.2 ohm resistor from maplins .

Pics attached ..

Steve

I went down the Recaro route also.

But used the Recaro subframes, but as Steve said, VERY expensive, but when it came to fitting, made it very easy. The "bridge" resistor to fool the airbag system came with the frames.

( Beware, you MUST fit this resistor otherwise NONE of your airbags work, not just the now missing seat ones. )

normal_SEATS_%2810%29_%28Small%29.JPGnormal_SEATS_%281%29_%28Small%29.JPG

I went down the Recaro route also.

But used the Recaro subframes, but as Steve said, VERY expensive, but when it came to fitting, made it very easy. The "bridge" resistor to fool the airbag system came with the frames.

( Beware, you MUST fit this resistor otherwise NONE of your airbags work, not just the now missing seat ones. )

normal_SEATS_%2810%29_%28Small%29.JPGnormal_SEATS_%281%29_%28Small%29.JPG

lovely looking seats :thumbs: what did the whole package cost including the Recaro fittings??

:lol:

The missus knows exactly what gets spent on the Z, well apart from things that I buy her as presents - she isnt allowed to know how much her presents cost.

So far she has received gifts such as Z badges, cargo nets - but shes that special shes now getting a bodykit, and an exhaust - the lucky, lucky lady. :blush:

Those seats are amazing in the 350z.

There are loads of stateside zeds with them.

I have brides in mine at the moment and used bride subframes.

about 220 imported from japan for the sliders. Then you just need a 2.0 to 2.2 ohm resistor to block the airbag warning from coming on.

• 3 months later...