Good price?

Geordielad87

I've seen this on eBay and just wondering if you guys think it's a good price or is there better out there? Could get it wrapped for about £500 so looking at £5100 in total. Its got very low miles but know itll never be worth too much with it being a cat c. Thanks

2002 NISSAN 350Z RED only 19000 miles damaged salvage cat c minor paint damage

http://bit.ly/Inp2lJ

A bargain - BUT!!

12 Years old

BRAKE FLUID - which means new roof for starters, and depends where else the fluids have splashed or been thrown at.

You cannot paint over brake fluid as it sinks into the metal and paint cannot be applied over the top unless you repair this panels.

Say you get the car, it's gonna cost you £2,000 to get it fixed.

I'd walk away TBH.

A bargain - BUT!!

12 Years old

BRAKE FLUID - which means new roof for starters, and depends where else the fluids have splashed or been thrown at.

You cannot paint over brake fluid as it sinks into the metal and paint cannot be applied over the top unless you repair this panels.

I'd walk away TBH.

Good advice cheers mate I'll just keep my eye out for another ;)

A bargain - BUT!!

12 Years old

I'd walk away TBH.

I guess that is why it has been written off in the first place. ;)

A bargain - BUT!!

12 Years old

I'd walk away TBH.

+1

I wouldn't walk I'd RUN!

There's cosmetic repairs then there's this.. :thumbdown:

Yeah I've seen a few nice 1s but need to sell my Civic 1st which I've got up for £5500 so that's my tip price I can pay :( Don't care about High mileage as it will only get used on weekend. Seen a nice 1 in The Zeds for sale section for £5300 like but need mind sold 1st or a nice swap :)

2002 NISSAN 350Z RED only 19000 miles damaged salvage cat c minor paint damage

Always bear in mind that the mileage on imports will often only reflect the mileage that the car has done in The U.K. As Japanese cars come with odometers that read in Km's they quite often get Zeroed out when they are converted to miles.

Pete

Yeah that's what I was planing on doing if I bought it Dblock as it would only cost£500 but I'm gonna stay clear of it. Might take it for a test drive though as I still haven't drove 1 :)

I've never heard of that happening jetset every import I've had they just converted the speedo to mph and left mileage as it was.

In all fairness, if the brake fluid only went on the roof, then id wrap the roof in black. Its very fashionable at the moment. The other panels look like bad keying, which you can sand down, fill and respray. Either way, the cost of what would be basically a full respray, then a roof wrap will soon add up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in this 1 but am I right to believe its the base model? I've asked if we could do some sort if deal with my civic and he says my car plus £500 does this sound fair in your opinions?

Cheers

Mick

2003 NISSAN 350Z FAIRLADY SEMI AUTOMATIC,GUNMETAL GREY.UNMOLESTED EXAMPLE.SATNAV

http://bit.ly/JhlSyt

If you reckon your civic is worth £5500, then you'd effectively be paying £6k for a Zed that is barely worth £5k.

It's an 11 year old high mileage import in the lowest possible spec with an auto box in the least sought-after colour. He should be begging you to swap your £5500 civic for that. There's nothing wrong with it as such (although it does not have the stated 310bhp), it just ticks all the 'hard to shift and not worth a lot' boxes. I'd press him for a better deal.

DB

I'm interested in this 1 but am I right to believe its the base model? I've asked if we could do some sort if deal with my civic and he says my car plus £500 does this sound fair in your opinions?

Cheers

Mick

2003 NISSAN 350Z FAIRLADY SEMI AUTOMATIC,GUNMETAL GREY.UNMOLESTED EXAMPLE.SATNAV

If you reckon your civic is worth £5500, then you'd effectively be paying £6k for a Zed that is barely worth £5k.

It's an 11 year old high mileage import in the lowest possible spec with an auto box in the least sought-after colour. He should be begging you to swap your £5500 civic for that. There's nothing wrong with it as such (although it does not have the stated 310bhp), it just ticks all the 'hard to shift and not worth a lot' boxes. I'd press him for a better deal.

DB

11 year old? Did I fall asleep and lose 2 years of my life :surrender:

Cheers

Mick

DB

11 year old? Did I fall asleep and lose 2 years of my life :surrender:

:lol::doh:

Oh dear, maybe it's 9 years old then :blush:

DB

That was for sale when I was looking for mine a while back, but something kept niggling in my mind about it but I just couldnt put my fingure on it and secondly I really wanted a UK GT spec car.

If Ive learnt anything about searching for a Zed to me you seem to be coming across as a bit desperate. Chill out and take your time, Its what feels right for you! remember 300 miles is a long way but is it really when your gambleing with between £6000-£7500 for a decent one? Id rather make sure i was buying a sound car!

You still have a car not asif you are car less, and remember if you sell your car your more than likely to get a better deal for cash price although I really would hold out for a GT spec.