Insurance quote - you must be joking!

nixy

Mine came down to £1200 at last renewal 21 with 3 years NCD on the UK

My traders policy covers the import.

In my 1st year owning a 350z I transfered my insurance and had to pay £800 more :scare: that was about £2100 at 20

Scary thing is it was over £3000 without my sister as a 2nd driver at 20 and the sad thing is my sister cant drive for @*!#. :p

Lew

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell... 34, I'm paying £1200 fully comp, full no claims, in Switzerland!!! Mind you we do seem to get more cover here for the money. For example, amongst other things I've got parked up damage insurance, which is basically if the cars parked, no matter what happens to it you're covered without affecting no claims. ie someone scratches it, a tree falls on it, someone knifes the roof etc etc

Still seems expensive though compared with some of the prices you guys and girls are paying.

I'm paying about that for mine too mate, 31 with 8yrs no claims. The joys of living in a city!!!!

Bloody hell... 34, I'm paying £1200 fully comp, full no claims, in Switzerland!!! Mind you we do seem to get more cover here for the money. For example, amongst other things I've got parked up damage insurance, which is basically if the cars parked, no matter what happens to it you're covered without affecting no claims. ie someone scratches it, a tree falls on it, someone knifes the roof etc etc

Still seems expensive though compared with some of the prices you guys and girls are paying.

I'm paying about that for mine too mate, 31 with 8yrs no claims. The joys of living in a city!!!!

I live in a city too but mines half that :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my renewal through - £815 fully comp, with mods declared (but not covering them), 35 years old, no garage, in Liverpool (next post code to Toxteth :wacko: ). That was with Admiral.

Tried Confused.com but every one except Endsleigh don't quote for modded cars on there. Endsleigh quoted £2400 and then had the cheek to call up to see if they could reduce that a bit!!! :scare::thumbdown:

Just got my renewal through - £815 fully comp, with mods declared (but not covering them), 35 years old, no garage, in Liverpool (next post code to Toxteth :wacko: ). That was with Admiral.

Tried Confused.com but every one except Endsleigh don't quote for modded cars on there. Endsleigh quoted £2400 and then had the cheek to call up to see if they could reduce that a bit!!! :scare::thumbdown:

did you try privilage. Found they were good and alot cheaper. Confused dosen't look at them and also confused aren't as independent as you would think. They are owned by Norwich Union B)

I have a Sheffield post code which is the car crime capital of the country and I pay about £650 - full no claims, parked on the drive, reasonable excess, home to work AND business use.

49 years old :) and no claims by or against me in a long long time :teeth:

Nixy

Type import insurance or similar in the search bar and see the companies it brings up. Phone them and then quote them to each other. You will get a great deal in the end.

Mine started at over a £1000.

Confused is OK as a starting point in my opinion.

Ming the Hunter

Just renewed on the Z (UK car) for 1st time - £291 from Admiral... :yahoo: ... couldn't believe it, next cheapest was ~£480, so well chuffed.. :teeth:

Last car (FTO) was £460 so just goes to show the difference with imports - TBH, one of the main reasons I went for the UK Z..

Can testify to previous posts on A-plan for imports, they were by far the cheapest for me on the old motor.

Before I renewed, I thought I'd better have a quick go at Churchill after hearing their constant adverts on XFm 'guaranteed to beat your quote with 3yrs NCB'....... £890!! :scare: very good mate, think I'll pass on that one.