Banned Part 2

Sarnie

Ok, I am now banned completely from the OC :dry:

They accused me of abusing their PM system somehow. They provided no evidence whatsoever as they did not want to contravene the confidentiality of other users/members. Huh? :wacko:

They then said that they had used 'adminstrative functions' to verify the claims. Eg they looked in my PM inbox to verify what I had been accused of, therefore breaking the confidentiality of my own PM's. After reviewing my inbox there was nothing in my opinion that could be construed as inflammatory. :headhurt:

What a load of b****cks. When asked to give examples they couldn't, when asked why my inbox had been violated there was no response!

WHAT A BUNCH OF C***S :)

admin note - thanks for highlighting some new additions for the swear filter

Doh! If they are going into your personal mailbox, they are in breach of terms and i think as well the data protection act? I may be wrong though, its something i need to look into for work tomorrow

Exactly. I asked for evidence of their claims, they said to look in my inbox, therefore indicating that they had already looked there :thumbdown:

Bummer :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Not really, they have been looking for an excuse for a while ;)

You been burning up too much of their hard disk space? :p

Seriously though seems a bad state of affairs :protest:

Your right mate. All i wanted was evidence of what they were saying i was guilty of, but no they declined. I could of defended my corner upon presentation of what they were accusing me of :dry:

I would guess so.

Kev has been permanently banned too, and so has Steve_B. Both fully paid up members.

On the other hand, the racist Moderator has now been declassed and his powers stripped off him.

Still I don't see why Sarnie Kev or Steve_B have been punished at the same time :wacko:

ah and I've just checked, they banned my nickname too :wacko: I guess they are all racists then?

I would guess so.

Kev has been permanently banned too, and so has Steve_B. Both fully paid up members.

On the other hand, the racist Moderator has now been declassed and his powers stripped off him.

Still I don't see why Sarnie Kev or Steve_B have been punished at the same time :wacko:

Correct. :p

Apparently Pathfinder is now Phoenix, (does this mean he will rise from the ashes to his dizzy heights of racisim and petty childish behaviour...:lol:). He's also lost his moderator status and the SW Area co-ordinator position is up to grabs. All justified IMHO.

But if anyone deserved banning it certainly wasn't the 3 of us. Certainly not you Sarnie. Sorry they picked on you mate.

Anyway, this shows you how childish they are, the committee haven't even had the decency to give us any reasons. First I knew was when I could get in.

The moral here is if you argue with a moderator on the OC, no matter how politely you will eventually get banned and the OC committee will support it... :thumbdown:

Stuff 'em anyway, I haven't posted since the last episode and had told them I wouldn't be renewing my memberships becasue of Pathfinder.

Do you get part of your membership back? I think you have a good case to claim it back if you have evidence that you have done nothing wrong. Again they are in Breach of their terms and conditions to provide a fair service to you

Do you get part of your membership back? I think you have a good case to claim it back if you have evidence that you have done nothing wrong. Again they are in Breach of their terms and conditions to provide a fair service to you

No mine had just expired, almost as though they went for me at the point of renewal.

I have also been banned - and my works IP address banned. Which is strange considering the only posts I have made in the last few months have been on this website - one can only assume Ive been banned retrospectively for posts made over here.

Unfortunately as normal, it will be members from this site that will be tarred with the troublemaker brush, as they have had no form of redress, no explanation and no discussion. As we do not run a police state on this forum it is something we have to deal with.

By the very nature of our forums being open, and allowing this very type of thread to even exist, we have to accept that it will allow others to point the finger at this website on a regular basis, even if its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, its only our 6 that gets left on the forum for all to see. Unfortunately that does not help us.

From my own personal viewpoint, I strongly beleive that any 350Z club set up for the benefit of owners, should not actively censor links or resources related to the 350Z from its members. To that end I also strongly beleive that there is a very simple, and very swift solution to the vast majority of all this bickering.

Of course we on this web site have to act in the best interests of 350Z owners, and to that end Im going to lock this thread as another round of arguing and bashing of another forum will do neither us, or any other 350Z related forum any good. It will simply give the impression to any other club (Z club included) that we are all just out for a catfight, whether its true or not, its not something that needs to take place.

To that end, Im locking this thread before it does more harm than good to our own site. Im sorry if this upsets anyone, but please try and see it from an outsiders point of view looking at this forum.

Perhaps we can all chat about this subject, along with anyone from the OC at the various shows around the land to try and sort out any specific issues or general ways of getting along. Im sure we can run to a few beers at a pub too. (plastic glasses though I reckon).

Feel free to PM me or any one of the other guys if there are any specific concerns or issues you feel need addressing on this site, and we can do our upmost to fix them for you.

Thanks,

Chris.