important news.....2007 model with the VQ35HR engine

steve_b

Looks like the date has been set and there is details being sent out to dealers. Release date is 1st May and have heard they are giving free sat Nav with 06 models to get ride of.....

Will be dropping off mine tomorrow for P3 so will double check then.

Steve

Looks like the date has been set and there is details being sent out to dealers. Release date is 1st May and have heard they are giving free sat Nav with 06 models to get ride of.....

Will be dropping off mine tomorrow for P3 so will double check then.

Steve

If confirmed that could be the cue for me to get rid of mine :scare:

Ill have it Sarnie. :thumbs:

Cant understand Nissan - how to alienate customers in several easy steps - just release a new model every 12 months and devalue customers investments! Brilliant. :thumbs:

Id still have one though, as long as I could swap the gash bonnet for a normal one.

The new vq is higher i think hence the bump in the bonnet therefore old bonnets probably would not be compatible :dry:

Knowing absolutely nothing about this are there any pics? I didn't realise I was going to be out of date before I even got one!

The ones that you are looking at are all ready out of date technically speaking. The original zeds had 280 bhp, then the gt4 came with a new HR engine but the same interior and had 300 bhp and then early last year they released the facelift model with the GT4 engine and some tweaks to the interior and exterior. This new model will be the 4th incarnation of the 350z :blush:

sarnie don't confuse the GT4 engine (same as the 2006 model) with the new VQ35HR which is very different from the VQ35DE which we all have on here.

The HR has dual intakes for example. Have a search on here there's a few pdf documents I posted about the new engine, substantial difference mate.

our bonnets will not be swappable on the 07 HR model.

I'll be curious to test drive one tbh, want to see if there really is a noticeable difference.

I don't care about new models tbh, never saw my Z as an investment.

Having driven the MY03 zed and the gt4 (extra 20 bhp) the difference is very very minimal. Has the torque curve been tweaked?

this is a different engine altogether basically, more power (not just the extra 13hp suggested, they now use a different measure for hp! )has to be different to drive, imo. Also these are the impressions from over the pond where the VQ35HR had been available for a few weeks

this is a different engine altogether basically, more power (not just the extra 13hp suggested, they now use a different measure for hp! )has to be different to drive, imo. Also these are the impressions from over the pond where the VQ35HR had been available for a few weeks

Sorry, what are there impressions? Did I miss that bit? :blush:

Knowing absolutely nothing about this are there any pics? I didn't realise I was going to be out of date before I even got one!

and then early last year they released the facelift model with the GT4 engine and some tweaks to the interior and exterior. This new model will be the 4th incarnation of the 350z :blush:

can someone give me a picture comparison of a non facelift and a facelift cos I can't tell the difference. The other thing I've noticed is some have a neat little spoiler and some don't - why's that then - is that the age of the car?