Sat Nav Cubby

elrao

Is it possible to replace the standard cubby hole with a sat nav enclosure - but without the sat nav?

I understand the sat nav has a sliding door, as opposed to the hinged one on the regular cubby, which would suit better for driving around with the cubby open to see my Tom Tom.

So what I wanted to do was get hold of a satnav cubby (with no nav unit) which I could cut up and fit my TomTom into and then replace the standard cubby with it.

Any idea where I could get one of these?

• 2 months later...

They aren't motorised in the sense of an electric motor, they have a large flat spring which, when you push the button on the front lifts the flap and retracts it back in to the dash...

I'm after the cubby but want to keep my flap - Pingu2 put me in touch with perfnissan and I found this:

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=4445

Which with the current $/£ exchnage rate means its quite cheap... $90 + shipping + import duty (maybe)

fM

Got round to fitting my 03 cubby to my 04 Z today - very easy - had to trim some plastic from the lcd I am using to get it centered in the cubby properly.

FYI the 03 plastic is a slightly lighter colour than 04-06 - you can see this in the second screenshot with the lid closed (although I think the camera has over-emphasised the difference)