Lomotos new car!

Stew

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm... never had a Volvo, probably the perceived image..

Big Lexus appeals depends what age for the budget, will have to give these a look at :thumbs:

If you fancy going Swedish, let me know..... ;)

Fancy the idea of going Swedish defo :thumbs: , just Swedish cars I'm not too convinced about :teeth:

I used to have an S60 T5.. If you just want a car to eat motorway miles it was great! A big quick cruiser.

Dont get any idea of excitement or extended front tyre wear though!

Servicing prices at the dealer were just daft though, having said that, I dindnt have anything go wrong with mine.

Think you would struggle to find a 'nice' Lexus in that price range!

Big Lexus appeals depends what age for the budget, will have to give these a look at :thumbs:

Fancy the idea of going Swedish defo :thumbs: , just Swedish cars I'm not too convinced about :teeth:

One leads to another mate!! :teeth:

It's a bad press I tell thee. Check out Clarkson's comments about the S60. Something along the lines of 'proof there's life outside a 3 series' - they are good cars. :thumbs:

I used to have an S60 T5.. If you just want a car to eat motorway miles it was great! A big quick cruiser.

Dont get any idea of excitement or extended front tyre wear though!

Servicing prices at the dealer were just daft though, having said that, I dindnt have anything go wrong with mine.

Think you would struggle to find a 'nice' Lexus in that price range!

Yep Lexus are out of the equation, unless I'm looking at a really old car :surrender:

One leads to another mate!! :teeth:

It's a bad press I tell thee. Check out Clarkson's comments about the S60. Something along the lines of 'proof there's life outside a 3 series' - they are good cars. :thumbs:

I will have a scan at them :thumbs:

Sorry to but in guys, but recently had 2 Volvo hire cars. One was a V70 Cross Country D5 which was OK and a V70 2.4 Petrol. The latter was the worse car I have driven in a long long time. It was immensely underpowered, did 29 mpg on a motorway run, and generally was falling apart, e.g. the centre alarm panel in the roof kept falling off.

This was a 55 reg with about 8k miles. I've never particularly liked Volvo's but after this would never buy one.

Hope I haven't offended any Volvo fans out there. :blush:

Sorry to but in guys, but recently had 2 Volvo hire cars. One was a V70 Cross Country D5 which was OK and a V70 2.4 Petrol. The latter was the worse car I have driven in a long long time. It was immensely underpowered, did 29 mpg on a motorway run, and generally was falling apart, e.g. the centre alarm panel in the roof kept falling off.

This was a 55 reg with about 8k miles. I've never particularly liked Volvo's but after this would never buy one.

You're right Kev, they do put some silly underpowered engines in them. The 2.4 engine has 2 power outputs, a detuned version at 140bhp (in a car that big, idiots!) and an normal 170bhp one. Which is much much better. But it's no different to Golf SDI's or 1.4's, or BMW 520's. That's why these types of car end up being hire cars - no-one would buy them!!

Try an S80 / XC90 T6 or an S60 D5. Sooo much better. :)

You're right Kev, they do put some silly underpowered engines in them. The 2.4 engine has 2 power outputs, a detuned version at 140bhp (in a car that big, idiots!) and an normal 170bhp one. Which is much much better. But it's no different to Golf SDI's or 1.4's, or BMW 520's. That's why these types of car end up being hire cars - no-one would buy them!!

Try an S80 / XC90 T6 or an S60 D5. Sooo much better. :)

Yeah the V70 XC had a D5 diesel and that was OK, but that 2.4 petrol. My daughters 1.6 Xsara was faster. It was a horrible car, and felt so old fashioned. The interior was cheap and old fashioned too. Reminded me of a Cortina...:lol:

Ideas on Tims new car. 4 door saloon, automatic and with 2.5 litres +

5 series Beemer might be good. Or a V6 Alfa!

how about something unique , different but still keeping the 350z links...

a skyline sedan GT (G35) grey import

with the VQ35 engine and an auto... the same powertrain, basically, so the nissan dealers should be able to sort out engine problems...no excuse...

nice grey import ...

G35-Sedan_front.jpg

Ideas on Tims new car. 4 door saloon, automatic and with 2.5 litres +

5 series Beemer might be good. Or a V6 Alfa!

how about something unique , different but still keeping the 350z links...

a skyline sedan GT (G35) grey import

with the VQ35 engine and an auto... the same powertrain, basically, so the nissan dealers should be able to sort out engine problems...no excuse...

nice grey import ...

G35-Sedan_front.jpg

Nice :thumbs: dont think it will be in the £7-8K bracket though :blush: