350z due a Service - tips/questions/advice

Buckley

hi

my 05 Azure roadster is due a service i think, according to the schedule - full service details of my car below: -

P1 5325miles 17/05/2006

P2 11113miles 16/05/2007

P1 13188miles 16/06/2008

P3 21276miles 01/08/2009

P1 31425miles 15/12/2010

All are Nissan Services with stamps

i bought the car on 28th January 2011, just after the last P1 service, at 31800miles - ive parked it up tonight and its done 40446 - so according to the summary its due a P2 as its just over 9k in 14months

im guessing the above is correct?

can you let me know what the P2 involves?

would i need to buy anything extra or do Nissan just sort it themselves?

how much is a P2 (i asked a few months ago but cant remember what they said, so will have to ring if not)?

also ive noticed that when starting the car in the morning over the last few weeks its idling at between 1.2-1.5k revs but then levels out after a while - is this normal or could it be down to the serviced being due?

a final one, but i think my exhaust is blowing slightly - what are the tell tale signs, it seems to pop a little when reversing it into the garage and stutters slightly when first starting it up as above

thanks for reading and any advice would be very appreciated, hoping to get these niggles sorted before having the Rays refurbed and then hopefully booking Wales again and Harewood House :D

Buckley

P2 is correct, what needs doing should be listed in your handbook. :thumbs:

Expect to pay anywhere from £200 - £350, very much dependant on where you go. If going to a main dealer look at the higher figure of the two, and they will supply everything. Idle does seem a bit high, usually only does that when cold but then the mornings have been a bit nippy of late. Signs of exhaust blowing are really as simple as visible gasses escaping (check the flexi joint on the Y-pipe and the connections on the backbox) and a bit of extra noise.

As what Ekona has said, except best to purchase all the parts required and take them along.

Most garages will gladly carry out your sevice with you supplying all the correct parts.

The two benefits of this route is that you will know that the correct parts have been fitted to your car, and secondly, it will be cheaper. Win Win :thumbs:

I carry in stock all the correct parts for your servicing needs and they are good to go same next/day. :#1:

Drop me a PM if I can help you further. :thumbs:

Alex :)