first 350z then marriage - please help!

dr bru

Right...As it stands I have using the Z as my excuse for having proposed earlier due to money etc...

Anyways, the time has come to ask after 10 years of being going out since the age of 16

Taking her to the Maldives on Monday and plan do to it there.. Got dinner planned on the beach on the 14th. Can anyone give me any last minute ideas for proposing!!??? ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fell in the thames when i proposed to my ex, i should have know that would put a dampner on things ;)

:lol: You soppy tw@ Louis! ;)

well i didnt know the steps were slimy did i? I didnt plan that part. However unfortunatly it didnt work out, she kept the ring though :thumbdown:

i fell in the thames when i proposed to my ex, i should have know that would put a dampner on things ;)

:lol: You soppy tw@ Louis! ;)

well i didnt know the steps were slimy did i? I didnt plan that part. However unfortunatly it didnt work out, she kept the ring though :thumbdown:

School boy error. Always get the ring back :scare:

Cannot say the best way as I only waited 5 years and she finally asked me, but one piece of advice that may still work.

When I got married I told BA it was honeymoon flight and they bumped me to business class. told them about a 5 year wedding anniversary and they bumped me up again.

Try calling them and explain you are looking to get engaged on the trip, do not ask for upgrade just ask for extra leg room etc.

That way you get a great start for the hols and its sets everything up for the rest of the trip.

Good luck with it all.

Yeah, ask here in a casual manner on the plane on the way home, element of suprise, especially as she will be expecting it whilst on Hol's

trust me you'd get more brownie points that a girl guide playing darts

I bet you used to pull the legs off spiders when you were little... probably still do...

From a female perspective it sounds amazing already, I don't think you need any tips! Have you got something nice and sparkley to give her? Traditionally it's supposed to cost a months wages! (gulp.....)
Mine cost 2 months wages :scare: and i didnt get it back!!!!!! Oh well, it was for her so why do i need it back anyway, am i going to wear it, no, am i going to take it back, no as it was custom made, am i bothered, no as i had the best time with her and i dont regret anything.

BTW - i do not advise falling into the Thames, my bum got wet and i ruined my trousers :thumbdown:

From a female perspective it sounds amazing already, I don't think you need any tips! Have you got something nice and sparkley to give her? Traditionally it's supposed to cost a months wages! (gulp.....)

I spent £4k on the missus ring!!!! :scare::scare: Its the sole reason why my zed is not currently sitting on a nice set of Volks right now :cry:

When my husband came round for our first date he bought me a bunch of flowers - but more importantly he had done his research and also bought me a pair of Golf GTI mud flaps for my car which was far more acceptable! Our first xmas he got me a rear wiper motor for my GTI and some car mats - it was exactly what I wanted! Give me that over jewellery any day! Am I mad? Anyway, I get bugger all nowadays! :dry:

When my husband came round for our first date he bought me a bunch of flowers - but more importantly he had done his research and also bought me a pair of Golf GTI mud flaps for my car which was far more acceptable! Our first xmas he got me a rear wiper motor for my GTI and some car mats - it was exactly what I wanted! Give me that over jewellery any day! Am I mad? Anyway, I get bugger all nowadays! :dry:

You sound like my Missus Nixy. I bought her a day's rally driving experience for Christmas and some jewellery, she was thrilled with the rallying! :dry:

Nick

Is this still the 350z forum?!? ...Mills n Boon?

Here's ma 10p worth...

Personally speaking I'd do it before the holiday... not likely that this will happen but what if she says no? ....always have an exit plan. If your stuck on an island, an exit may be hard to find. :p

Then there is the nerves, do you want to be thinking of asking her etc whilst on holiday, it could ruin it for you if you are gettin stressed out over it.

At the end of the day, only you have the answer

Ross